What was your football boot of choice

My lad needed a new pair of football boots for school so had to take him to sports direct as nowadays there are limited sports shops knocking about. Every boot seems to be a different colour or an array of colours. What has happened to the good old fashioned black football boots. Ended up getting him a pair of Adidas in white/purple/orange.

I had my trusted Adidas copa mundials and Adidas World Cup for years. Mundials In my opinion were the best pair of boots ever made. I had a pair given to me when i was a yt back in the 90s and they admittedly were looking shabby. However a little while back I tried to find them. My wife tells me she had thrown them out. I had a proper son and in all honesty still haven’t gotten over it. Probably never will.

I also had a pair of those Adidas predators in the early 2000s that looked pretty cool.

They don’t make them like they used to.

Copa munidals the best looking but puma king were always a better fit for me, both brilliant boots.

Whichever monster thought to bring out mundials in 'samba' colours a few years back needs a good kicking.

Adidas 2000 back in the 70's were the trendy boot of the day.
They were about £12 iirc and were pretty much the top football boot and worn by lots of pros. Gola Goalmaster and Puma Pele Rio were popular, I had a pair of Adidas Mexico, moulded sole, best boots I ever had. Do you remember City trialling those boots with a circular ring of studs that, in theory, were supposed to allow you to 'swivel' but in reality just made you fall over and damage your ankle.

manfield hotspur, with leather studs which soon wore down to expose the metal brads which held them on. Without lots of dubbin the leather was rigid in no time, and mud bonded to it, walking off after a match on Fog Lane they felt more diver's boots.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.