What was your football boot of choice

Whatever they sold in the sports shop that was in the Middleton Arndale. Can't for the life of me remember what it was called...

First pair of boots I ever owned when I started playing for the cubs in the late 60's were called St Crispin Wings.......which I guess now sounds like a frozen meal from Birds Eye. Once I got to secondary school in 1970 it was on to Adidas and I remained with them until I stopped playing some 35 years later. Adidas boots were always the most comfy for me.

My dad said if I scored a goal playing for the school team he’d buy me a new pair of boots. I got a hattrick and he kept his promise. I got a pair of Adidas Beckenbauer. I felt like a pro putting them on and I cleaned them religiously and with pride after each game. They were the dogs! Looking back at my life now I can safely say that these boots were probably the fondest item of clothing I have ever owned. They bring back so many happy memories of my love of football as a kid and, of course, of my father who instilled it all in me.

Unquestionably Puma King. I also had Adidas Copa Mundials but they were horrid in comparison.

Always wore Copa Mundials moulded studs and Puma King studs.

I had a short term contract at Macc Town when I was 17, I was delighted that they provided us with a pair of Puma Kings studs & moulded.

I also had a pair of Joma(Dutch I think) they were great.
Also as a young kid I had some diadora boots that my Dad won at Sportsman’s dinner. Some ex-pros worn once. They were amazing. Fuck knows who the pro was but he only had size 6 feet.

Yeah Puma Kings were the first must have boots I remember

I did like the Predators as well

My dad said if I scored a goal playing for the school team he’d buy me a new pair of boots. I got a hattrick and he kept his promise. I got a pair of Adidas Beckenbauer. I felt like a pro putting them on and I cleaned them religiously and with pride after each game. They were the dogs! Looking back at my life now I can safely say that these boots were probably the fondest item of clothing I have ever owned. They bring back so many happy memories of my love of football as a kid and, of course, of my father who instilled it all in me.
I like little stories like this. I loved my football boots and still look at them when I’m at the Adidas factory shop. Always tempted to buy myself some just because.

Getting your first pair was always special. My uncle got me my first pair when I was 5. Wore them in the house and to bed one night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.