What Was Your

Old Trafford around 78. Think it finished 2-2. Don't remember much about the game, just recall a baying mob of rags trying to kill us outside the scoreboard end.

tranmere in 97-98 season. i remember spomeone had a cutout of shearer dressed in a city shirt. we drew nil nil and went down that season. at that point i had been to like 5 city games and never seen us score.

BlueMo' said:
Burnley.
Denis Tueart missed a penalty.
Referee ordered a retake and he missed again.
Anyone remember it?
Got a coach from yelloway in Middleton
I'd be about 13/14

This was the first away game my dad took me to. A 0-0 draw. I'm sure we missed 2 pens that day. Burnley were relegated that year.

The first time I saw City play was at Bramhall Lane in April 1967, but the first proper away game I went to was Derby County in 1972.

A Finglands coach for an evening kick off with my mum and dad, Helen Turner was in full command, and City lost, I think it was 2-0, but City lost just about every game for months at the start of that season.

It was a sunny afternoon, and the turnstile operator was very pleasant, asking us if we had had a nice journey down.

Derby didn't have a programme, they had a newspaper, 'The Ram' which I still have.

The coach had parked in an old barracks, and after the game, the coach driver wanted to set off, but Helen was having none of it.

Two lads were missing.

We were going to wait, wait we did, and after about 10 minutes, the two lads came on board, Helen was happy, and off we went.

Newcastle, but can't rememeber when. It was back in the bad old days of fenced and gated segregation and we were attacked by dickhead Geordies, who started climbing over the fence into the away section. We had to spill out onto the pitch to avoid them and for some reason ended up in the Gallogate End with the rabid home fans for the entirety of the second half.

It was a cup game and we beat the twats 2-1.

First away game was a testimonial for the rag Dennis Irwin, United v City at the swamp in 2000.

First competitive away game in the Prem was v Blackburn in 2006 under Pearce, lost 4-2 was still a great day though.

Preston in 1964,think we won 2-0 and i think Derek Kevan scored.Game was forgettable but the pies were top.

Stuart said:
Ewood Park 1985 . Blackburn 0-1 City (Kinsey) .
''..Blues are here , blues are there , blues are fuckin' everywhere, na na na narr , na na narr , na narr..''
Remember it kicking off in their end when we scored .
Coach load of us were locked out as the ground was rammed all over with city, we had tickets but the police still would`nt let us in, we walked around the ground and saw blues climbing on each others shoulders and jumping straight into the back of Blackburns end directly onto the terraces (standing) so we followed suit, must have looked scary to the B`burn fans seeing city scaling the walls to get in their end....most of us got on the pitch and crammed into the city end after about 20 minutes of winding t`locals up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.