What were the scenes where you were watching it?

Jazzyblue

Team supported
Man City
I ended up watching it in Vue in the Printworks with the Mrs and kids, never done a game in there before so a new experience being in a cinema full of Blues(!) Obviously not many chants got going apart from the obvious ones - City, City and C’Mon City - but when Rodri struck the place absolutely erupted. Roaring and screaming, jumping up and down and dancing, drinks flying everywhere, lads running across the screen with their shirts off…and then more of the same after the last tense few minutes. Stayed until 11pm soaking up the interview and then out into town, Exchange Sq, Market Street, just peppered with Blues high fiving, shaking hands, singing or just dazed and enjoying a moment. Piccadilly a decent mob of Blues had gathered, dancing in the street around a Blue busker. Then scenes on Great Ancoats Street as the blues mingled with the Weekend crowd, beeping of horns, a fight involving a young Blue and a couple others on the traffic island, cars jammed all the way up Pin Mill Brow and the Mancunian Way…mad scenes in this sticky heat.

It didn’t bother me that they didn’t stick a screen in town up and make a national holiday of it like they might have done if had been the Rags, and yes our numbers were depleted with so many of us in Istanbul, but the intimacy of it just added it to the magic - I like it that we’re big but small, local but global, in other words a proper club. Then today, after a sleepless night, by coincidence found myself buying food on Great Western Street…went past Maine Rd, Kippax Street etc, and it felt like a pilgrimage.

Anyway that was my night and morning after…interested to hear what happened on yours wherever you watched it, Istanbul, in the living room, local, wherever…fire away Blues…

I ended up watching it in Vue in the Printworks with the Mrs and kids, never done a game in there before so a new experience being in a cinema full of Blues(!) Obviously not many chants got going apart from the obvious ones - City, City and C’Mon City - but when Rodri struck the place absolutely erupted. Roaring and screaming, jumping up and down and dancing, drinks flying everywhere, lads running across the screen with their shirts off…and then more of the same after the last tense few minutes. Stayed until 11pm soaking up the interview and then out into town, Exchange Sq, Market Street, just peppered with Blues high fiving, shaking hands, singing or just dazed and enjoying a moment. Piccadilly a decent mob of Blues had gathered, dancing in the street around a Blue busker. Then scenes on Great Ancoats Street as the blues mingled with the Weekend crowd, beeping of horns, a fight involving a young Blue and a couple others on the traffic island, cars jammed all the way up Pin Mill Brow and the Mancunian Way…mad scenes in this sticky heat.

It didn’t bother me that they didn’t stick a screen in town up and make a national holiday of it like they might have done if had been the Rags, and yes our numbers were depleted with so many of us in Istanbul, but the intimacy of it just added it to the magic - I like it that we’re big but small, local but global, in other words a proper club. Then today, after a sleepless night, by coincidence found myself buying food on Great Western Street…went past Maine Rd, Kippax Street etc, and it felt like a pilgrimage.

Anyway that was my night and morning after…interested to hear what happened on yours wherever you watched it, Istanbul, in the living room, local, wherever…fire away Blues…
There were a lot of tears near me in the ground

I am almost 80 years of age. Been watching the only football team to come from Manchester since 1957. Lucky enough to go to the final in Istanbul with a number of great (but younger friends). Superb atmosphere and behaviour from both sets of fans, nearly toppled over the seats when Rodders scored being hugged by delirious fans jumping up and down. Only fly in the ointment was the absolute bollocks arrangements for transport away from the stadium, took nearly 3 hours to get off the car/ coach park to get on the motorway back to the airport for our return flight to Antalya where we continued celebrations on the Sunday. Nothing can dampen our utter delight though at achieving a superb treble to confirm our status as the best club on the planet whatever the bitter rags/dippers/shit media and other jealous clubs fans want to say about them. They and the arseholes from UEFA can go and fuck themselves rigid.
Follow, follow, follow were the best football team in the world……

I was in Seattle for a concert and watched with the local supporters' club chapter, the Seattle City Blues. Even though the George and Dragon is their home pub, it was not exclusive to City; there were Inter supporters, but everyone was respectful of each other. All the Blues were extremely welcoming to me.

When Rodri scored, the place erupted. (Well, except for the area where the Nerazzurri were.) I have to say that in all my years of supporting City, I never thought that I would find myself celebrating a goal with a group of Blues in the Pacific Northwest of the USA.

One a more personal note, I cried like a baby at full-time, and one of the local Blues immediately brought me in for a bear hug. He was one of the few Blues who has supported the club since before the money, so he got it. And while I personally love seeing more and more Blues pop up all over the world and welcome them all into our midst, I don't think these newer fans will ever truly understand the shit we went through… for decades. Constantly playing second fiddle to the rag shite… how could you not be overcome with emotion watching City complete the treble by winning the Champions League if you remember when our best season in years had us finishing in eighth place in 04/05?

The Blues living on the West Coast of the US deserve a massive amount of credit. They're eight hours behind the UK, yet many of them they watch every match. Even the ones at 12:30pm, which is 4:30am their time. That's dedication right there, and fair play to them.

Up the fucking Blues.

The bar I was in almost fell silent barring a handful of us going nuts as it was mainly rags and dippers wanting Inter to win.

Picked my little lad up screaming we've fucking done it... in tears, felt a tad more emotional when a mackem was praising this team to me saying how special they are and then spoke of how far we have come since the days of division 2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.