What/Who?

Left sided attacker with searing pace.
A finisher on or close to Sergio's level.
A central midfielder when Yaya goes/gets too old/can't be arsed.

Reus (or Bale if it's just wishing)
Cavani? (Wish we'd got Falcao or Costa)
Pogba or Vidal (wish we'd got Fabregas!)

A 4th Striker (Preferable home grown): Bony, Rodriguez, Assombalonga, Berahino

A direct Left Winger: Reus, Neymar, Sterling, Griezmann

A Yaya replacement: Pogba, Barkley, Koke, Vidal

A homegrown Lampard replacement (needed in Jan): Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Ward-Prowse, Delph

I don't think we need anyone at the moment. But equally, if a world class player is available (Reus) we shouldn't pass up the chance to sign them. You can always find a place in the squad for someone who's good enough. And obviously we should be thinking about replacing some of the older players over the next few years, but if we do it now that can be done cheaper with up-and-coming/younger signings, rather than buying the finished product.

A 4th Choice striker: Rodriguez, D.Cole?

Direct winger: Reus (no other option as good)

CM to replace yaya when he leaves: Pogba

Plus Lopes will return and be part of the squad. Jury still out on Rekik. Denayer probably a bit too early.

A goalscoring wide AM who can take players on:
1. Reus
2. Isco
3. "Budget" option: Remy Cabella

A Short term option: Iniesta (isn't a goalscorer but would fit like a glove))

Isn't a goalscorer

A box to box CM
1. Pogba
2. Pogba
3. "Budget" option: No-one- Get Pogba

1109862_Manchester_City.jpg

In the summer, we should go all out for Pogba as a long term replacement for Yaya. However, I would not sell Yaya. I would convert him to AM pretty much permanently. He could feasibly act as 4th choice cover upfront.
Only in a couple of years would I look to literally replace Yaya. Barkley would then come into my thinking.

On Strikers:
I don't really want to sign a 4th choice striker, I want to see a youngster like Iheanacho or D. Cole taking up such a position (if needed) in the future. They could alternate short term loan spells to keep their game time up. 4th choice strikers don't play enough to warrant splashing the cash. It's just overkill. Besides, with the overall quality in the side there's less risk in giving a youngster the odd 90mins at home.
For me, if anything, Jovetic has to prove his fitness this year or I'd be seriously considering letting him go. That's the only scenario where I'd sign an established striker.

Other longer term areas we need to start looking at are the 2 fullback positions. ATM we have 3 29 years olds (Kolarov is 29 in Nov) and a 31 year old.

ElanJo said:
1. Reus
2. Isco

Isn't a goalscorer

A box to box CM
1. Pogba
2. Pogba

In the summer, we should go all out for Pogba as a long term replacement for Yaya. However, I would not sell Yaya. I would convert him to AM pretty much permanently. He could feasibly act as 4th choice cover upfront.
Only in a couple of years would I look to literally replace Yaya. Barkley would then come into my thinking.

On Strikers:
I don't really want to sign a 4th choice striker, I want to see a youngster like Iheanacho or D. Cole taking up such a position (if needed) in the future. They could alternate short term loan spells to keep their game time up. 4th choice strikers don't play enough to warrant splashing the cash. It's just overkill. Besides, with the overall quality in the side there's less risk in giving a youngster the odd 90mins at home.
For me, if anything, Jovetic has to prove his fitness this year or I'd be seriously considering letting him go. That's the only scenario where I'd sign an established striker.

Other longer term areas we need to start looking at are the 2 fullback positions. ATM we have 3 29 years olds (Kolarov is 29 in Nov) and a 31 year old.

This is exactly what my ideal 1st choice team for City would be for the next season. I believe that Yaya can still be a monster goal-scoring threat if he is played advanced and he can last the season if he is given less defensive duties.

Having said that, we could possibly have some notable changes:
1. If we can't get Reus we should try Sterling. He is only going to get better and is younger and homegrown and worth the extra expense
2. Joe Hart: it depends on how this season goes, but if he has some major issues I would like to see us get a HG option like Begovic.
3. Ricardo Rodriguez to replace Kolarov: not really needed but it will improve our squad and Rodriguez is quite young. He is like the best of both Clichy and Kolarov: quick, good crossing

bluechampion7891 said:
ElanJo said:
1. Reus
2. Isco

Isn't a goalscorer

A box to box CM
1. Pogba
2. Pogba

On Strikers:

This is exactly what my ideal 1st choice team for City would be for the next season. I believe that Yaya can still be a monster goal-scoring threat if he is played advanced and he can last the season if he is given less defensive duties.

Having said that, we could possibly have some notable changes:
1. If we can't get Reus we should try Sterling. He is only going to get better and is younger and homegrown and worth the extra expense
2. Joe Hart: it depends on how this season goes, but if he has some major issues I would like to see us get a HG option like Begovic.
3. Ricardo Rodriguez to replace Kolarov: not really needed but it will improve our squad and Rodriguez is quite young. He is like the best of both Clichy and Kolarov: quick, good crossing

Cut that. YAYA out, one of the most despicable performances Ive seen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.