What/Who?

We need a winger who attack the goal and who's better at keeping possession than Navas. Of course someone like Rues would be ideal, but I'd also take Pierre Emerick Aubameyang. He was tearing Arsenal to shreds with his pace. Does well at playing flick passes. Would not cost as much as Rues, but Rues would be harder to pry off of Dortmund's hands.

Larry Stranger said:
We need a winger who attack the goal and who's better at keeping possession than Navas. Of course someone like Rues would be ideal, but I'd also take Pierre Emerick Aubameyang. He was tearing Arsenal to shreds with his pace. Does well at playing flick passes. Would not cost as much as Rues, but Rues would be harder to pry off of Dortmund's hands.
No he wouldn't, he has a buyout clause that activates in the summer. £25m or so.

kun said:
Larry Stranger said:
No he wouldn't, he has a buyout clause that activates in the summer. £25m or so.

regardess, diifcult to land him since anyone can activate it leaving him to choose

I think if we signed someone like Reus than we wouldn't need a fourth striker, (especially if we then signed Pogba/Barkely), we'd have plenty of goals from midfield.

pogba or vidal, reus, isco at a minimum. a record breaking transfer would be great to show we still are at the top table! I think its fairly obvious we are a fantastic English side but just decent in Europe. we need some stellar names and although the rags got financially raped by real, di maria WILL make them a huge team again alongside falcao.

Do not think we will make and purchases\sales of players in January, but we need next summer :

1) 1 or 2 central midfielders in place of Toure and\or Fernandinho
2) A right sided winger to replace Navas (as Silva being left footed should if not behind a central striker, play left side of attack)

We should do this and then build the team\squad with the new signings (and anyone who shows real potential from the academy) for the next 3-4 years around the current key core players of:

1) Hart
2) Zabaleta
3) Kompany
4) Mangala (if he lives up to potential this season,. hopefully he will get a game at some point !)
5) Silva
5) Aguero

and possibly Fernando (if he keeps\shows good form this season)

Dzeko, Kolarov, Clichy, Sagna and even Nasri, who all have good moments in a season, are not really consistent enough if we want to be the very best home and in Europe, and so their place is up for grabs if we can get better options, otherwise they stay.

I think if we were to do anything in January we would need to sell Nastastic ( £ 12 million), Sinclair ( £ 3 million) and possibly Milner ( £ 5 million with having only 6 months left on his contract by then). I do not think Milner will want to leave unless we are out of the Champions League by then, are out of the League Cup and do not look like challenging for the Title, although the club may think they want at least something rather than letting him go for free next summer anyway and thus could encourage him to go, if he does not sign a new contract. What the club should do is say to him as Porto did to Fernando, sign a new contract and we let you go in the summer anyway for a fair price of say £ 10 - 12 million.

With these sales we would have at least £ 20 million plus the net spend left from the £ 49 million restriction (around £ 24 million I think), thus in total we could have up to £ 44 million in Jan, providing we the club stay on course to break even and meet FFP and can start afresh in the summer., with no FFP restrictions apart from the constant rule for all in Europe of breaking even.

If we did no purchases in Jan and then sold the 3 players listed next summer, and then used the £ 24 million from the Negredo deal we would still have £ 44 million to start with next summer, and a zero net spend.

Jack Wills said:
Left sided attacker with searing pace.
A finisher on or close to Sergio's level.
A central midfielder when Yaya goes/gets too old/can't be arsed.

Reus (or Bale if it's just wishing)
Cavani? (Wish we'd got Falcao or Costa)
Pogba or Vidal (wish we'd got Fabregas!)

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Barkley would be the one player i want.

This.
Him and Reus would complete us.
Of course we could use a better LB, but both Kolarov and Clichy are good enough not to weaken us.

Matt the Giant said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Barkley would be the one player i want.

This.
Him and Reus would complete us.
Of course we could use a better LB, but both Kolarov and Clichy are good enough not to weaken us.

I assume people are asking for Barkley because they think he is a CM. He's not. Pogba or koke would be much better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.