What will it take to win the league?

wireblue said:
bluemc1 said:
jay_mcfc said:
Apart from the obvious 'get more points than anyone else'?

The way I see it we're struggling. Really struggling.

We have 16 games left. To get the same points as last season we can only drop 7 points more. So we're looking at 13 wins, 2 draws and a loss. The loss cannot be against United and indeed we will probably have to win that game. There is also a feeling that, with RVP, 89 points might not be enough. IMO this is the worst United team I've seen in a long time but unfortunately they have the best, game winning player they've had in a long time too.

Anyway, our fixtures;

Fulham home
QPR away
Liverpool home
Southampton away
Chelsea home
Villa away
Wigan home
Everton away
Newcastle home
Utd away
WBA home
Spurs away
WHU home
Swans away
Reading away
Norwich home

Now we all know trying to predict what might happen in those 16 games is churlish. But what I do know is somewhere in that lot we have to win at least 13 and probably 14. If we start to play as we can then we can do it.

Looks very, very tough to me though.

from top of your list i say on paper
win
win
draw
win
draw
win
win
draw
win
lose (sorry)
win
draw
win
win
win
win

So we fail to register a single win against Liverpool, Chelsea, everton, united and spurs? I’d be bitterly disappointed, and very surprised, if that happened

i would also be bitterly disappointed but its just my gut feeling on those games, 2 of them are away v teams we failed to beat at home, but i would also be very surprised if we won every game i have stated a win for so it should even itself out

de niro said:
send maicon out on loan to a prem club, we dont need him. when his club play the rags get him to snap the rapists knee in half. red card yeh and he'll be sent back in disgrace but so fucking what.

give him 1m for job done.

It smacks of desperation when you're looking for RVP to get injured,lt's not like we haven't been missing Rooney for half the season.There's loads left in the season,anything can happen yet and it will certainly be close again but the fact that United are home for the next clash as well as the points advantage makes us clear faves,but city still have a great chance too.May the best team win.

Interpolantics said:
de niro said:
send maicon out on loan to a prem club, we dont need him. when his club play the rags get him to snap the rapists knee in half. red card yeh and he'll be sent back in disgrace but so fucking what.

It smacks of desperation when you're looking for RVP to get injured,lt's not like we haven't been missing Rooney for half the season.There's loads left in the season,anything can happen yet and it will certainly be close again but the fact that United are home for the next clash as well as the points advantage makes us clear faves,but city still have a great chance too.May the best team win.

It was a little tongue in cheek you know.

City will win the league either way.

Interpolantics said:
de niro said:

keep this one bill

for now :)

Interpolantics said:
de niro said:

The days entertainment has arrived....

wireblue said:
bluemc1 said:
jay_mcfc said:
Apart from the obvious 'get more points than anyone else'?

The way I see it we're struggling. Really struggling.

We have 16 games left. To get the same points as last season we can only drop 7 points more. So we're looking at 13 wins, 2 draws and a loss. The loss cannot be against United and indeed we will probably have to win that game. There is also a feeling that, with RVP, 89 points might not be enough. IMO this is the worst United team I've seen in a long time but unfortunately they have the best, game winning player they've had in a long time too.

Anyway, our fixtures;

Fulham home
QPR away
Liverpool home
Southampton away
Chelsea home
Villa away
Wigan home
Everton away
Newcastle home
Utd away
WBA home
Spurs away
WHU home
Swans away
Reading away
Norwich home

Now we all know trying to predict what might happen in those 16 games is churlish. But what I do know is somewhere in that lot we have to win at least 13 and probably 14. If we start to play as we can then we can do it.

Looks very, very tough to me though.

from top of your list i say on paper
win
win
draw
win
draw
win
win
draw
win
lose (sorry)
win
draw
win
win
win
win

So we fail to register a single win against Liverpool, Chelsea, everton, united and spurs? I’d be bitterly disappointed, and very surprised, if that happened

behind on my predictions already :( but a win v Chelsea would even out the QPR dropped points

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.