What Will Our New Signings Make Of Manchester?

jrb

Having lived in Barcelona, Rome, Valencia and Hamburg.

I'm thinking a quick stroll around Beswick Las Ramblas and a drive around East Manchester will impress them.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:17 pm --<br /><br />Whoops! Wrong thread.

I doubt they will ever see much of it whilst they are here but you never know? Living out in leafy areas of Cheshire they only have to get to Eastlands & Carrington although a few might hit the city centre.

It's become a funny place in some repects though. The City centre is as good as any in the country yet travel a few miles out and parts of it are sadly socially deprived. When I was a kid though the city centre was a dour, dirty place in my opinion. The change is amazing. It's far, far better than Birmingham, Sheffield or Leeds and Liverpool all cities I've spent plenty of time in.

manchester is a great place with a few bad areas,just like all of the places you have mentioned. Ok, some terrible areas but they wont mind whilst they are in their massive cheshire mansions and picking up that 100k a week pay cheque (or more)

I'm sure they wont be living in Gorton, Moss Side, Hulme, Beswick, Levy or any other places most of us know..£50k+ a week can do that for you.

They will like the City and it's cafe's and dining, but as i said they wont see the places 'we' live. Unless it Citc related.

Manchester is the best City on Earth....c'mon ppls

Barcelona has suburbs that are far worse than Manchester's. It is not a wealthy country when all said and done- not that footballers will see much of it, bar charity commitments.

Went past Lymm yesterday to see house friend has inherited- you forget how nice our countryside is sometimes, take it for granted

I know a few will be residing in Didsbury and maybe a few in Bowdon. Not bad patches really. Both places do not involve going near Manchester when heading to training. So they will only really see town on a match day.

Having lived in Manchester for over 30 years I can only describe it as a shit hole, there isn't a part of the inner City I wouldn't knock down. I've lived in Altrincham and Didsbury and both were vermin infested shit holes. Yaya, Silva etc. commute as far as you can!

I love Manchester but friends i've brought with me to a game haven't been impressed with the city centre at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.