What Will Our New Signings Make Of Manchester?

i dont think they will care about the city itself because they will live in mansions in the country. the only thing that will piss them off is our weather.

Pigeonho said:
I fucking hate London. I hate how everyone wanks over it like its the be all and end all of everything. Went to Chelsea for a stag night years ago and the place reeked of twats. Never forget that quote in bridget jones diary, 'does nothing function outside of London'? People actually believe that though and for that reason, I hope London gets levelled.

Doesn't London have a seriously high level of pollution as well???

Pigeonho said:
I fucking hate London. I hate how everyone wanks over it like its the be all and end all of everything. Went to Chelsea for a stag night years ago and the place reeked of twats. Never forget that quote in bridget jones diary, 'does nothing function outside of London'? People actually believe that though and for that reason, I hope London gets levelled.

How the fuck can you remember a quote from Bridget Jones' Diary?

Pigeonho said:

Manchester is fast becoming a mini London. The city centre anyway.

Corky said:
i remember my dad telling me that him and my mum went to london one day and they were shocked at how rude everyone was compared to friendly mancunians. he has lived in wales for over 10 years and he says that mancunian attitudes have changed these days and manchester is no worse than london now.

davymcfc said:
Corky said:
i remember my dad telling me that him and my mum went to london one day and they were shocked at how rude everyone was compared to friendly mancunians. he has lived in wales for over 10 years and he says that mancunian attitudes have changed these days and manchester is no worse than london now.

I think the locals are okay in both cities, but there are less and less of them in the centres.

Manchester is prolly my favourite city i've been too (i've been to new york, paris and barcelona too) the people are friendly the prices are good, the pubs are top notch, no sign of trouble any time i was there. Never get sick of it.

Corky said:
davymcfc said:

I think the locals are okay in both cities, but there are less and less of them in the centres.
oh i get you. well i still live round here and i like it. cant complain.

I don't post often but felt I had to with all the negative posts about the City.
Manchester has changed so much in the last 30 years...and in the last 10 especially.
For those under 25 you wouldn't know what a hole it once was..scary even for the locals.
Since the bomb the change has been huge, really good in my opinion.
I walked back to town yesterday and was diverted cos of the roadworks for the tram...I went along the canal bank, it was great to see all the old mills converted into flats and new modern looking ones backing onto the cut.
Piccadilly is still an absolute tripe hole...and the Berlin concrete wall is the worst idea since we closed all the railway lines and tram lines(full circle now eh!??).
The problem is you don't see what's under your nose.
I made a promise to myself a couple of years ago to discover more about Manchester and its culture...The museums and galleries I've visited since then has made me open my eyes to what a great place we have...I was guilty of not seeing the wood for the trees.
If you're a culture vulture you're spoiled for attractions.
And if your night out expands to no further than the printworks you need to get down town more...We have some great places to eat and drink...check out Manchester Confidential...
We also have some great theatres too putting on big shows that other towns just dream about putting on.
We have huge gigs and small venues that other cities are hugely jealous of.
Nightclubs like Sankeys (voted worlds best in its category) and dive clubs like South or Moho are great and visitors love them once they find them.
Our Uni's attract people who want to live and study in Manchester because it has a cultural and modern history like no where else...from the Hacienda to The Smiths, Stone Roses, Oasis etc etc etc etc for music, to the first programmeable computer, the birthplace of the trade unions... the fact we embrace and encourage diversity from Canal Street to the Curry Mile to taking risks on new business ideas that started off in Afflecks Palace and are now multi million pound companies.
We have loads of visitors who come here for loads of reasons from business to stag and hen groups to people running the 10k or going to the MEN for a gig or a world class show at the theatre to the Pride festival or In the City.
The biggest problem we have compared to other European cities is our transport system is tripe, we shut the pubs and clubs to early and we can't sit out on the pavement due to the weather...if we had those we'd be a top European city.
Take a look around at the development that's going on...even with the credit crunch there's still loads happening and when that passes we'll kick on...Eastlands still has a lot of surprises for us I bet, the developments that will go up around our ground are promised to be world class...we can't go wrong can we!!??

rowsley_st said:
I don't post often but felt I had to with all the negative posts about the City.
Manchester has changed so much in the last 30 years...and in the last 10 especially.
For those under 25 you wouldn't know what a hole it once was..scary even for the locals.
Since the bomb the change has been huge, really good in my opinion.
I walked back to town yesterday and was diverted cos of the roadworks for the tram...I went along the canal bank, it was great to see all the old mills converted into flats and new modern looking ones backing onto the cut.
Piccadilly is still an absolute tripe hole...and the Berlin concrete wall is the worst idea since we closed all the railway lines and tram lines(full circle now eh!??).
The problem is you don't see what's under your nose.
I made a promise to myself a couple of years ago to discover more about Manchester and its culture...The museums and galleries I've visited since then has made me open my eyes to what a great place we have...I was guilty of not seeing the wood for the trees.
If you're a culture vulture you're spoiled for attractions.
And if your night out expands to no further than the printworks you need to get down town more...We have some great places to eat and drink...check out Manchester Confidential...
We also have some great theatres too putting on big shows that other towns just dream about putting on.
We have huge gigs and small venues that other cities are hugely jealous of.
Nightclubs like Sankeys (voted worlds best in its category) and dive clubs like South or Moho are great and visitors love them once they find them.
Our Uni's attract people who want to live and study in Manchester because it has a cultural and modern history like no where else...from the Hacienda to The Smiths, Stone Roses, Oasis etc etc etc etc for music, to the first programmeable computer, the birthplace of the trade unions... the fact we embrace and encourage diversity from Canal Street to the Curry Mile to taking risks on new business ideas that started off in Afflecks Palace and are now multi million pound companies.
We have loads of visitors who come here for loads of reasons from business to stag and hen groups to people running the 10k or going to the MEN for a gig or a world class show at the theatre to the Pride festival or In the City.
The biggest problem we have compared to other European cities is our transport system is tripe, we shut the pubs and clubs to early and we can't sit out on the pavement due to the weather...if we had those we'd be a top European city.
Take a look around at the development that's going on...even with the credit crunch there's still loads happening and when that passes we'll kick on...Eastlands still has a lot of surprises for us I bet, the developments that will go up around our ground are promised to be world class...we can't go wrong can we!!??
fantastic post! you should work in advertising.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.