What Will Our New Signings Make Of Manchester?

S04 said:
Funny that the rags and Liverpool managed to attract a few players eh?

It´s just a job fer chrissakes, how many factory workers are really paying attention to what a plant might look like?..what they want to know is if there´s a decent wage, the boss is alright and if there´s a chance of promotion within the company.

*Wage - Check
*Manager - Check
*Chance to silverware - Check
I was going to make the point about Utd.

Plenty of nice houses in Cheshire. Manchester has everything but the weather. If I had £60k per week I wouldn't be worrying about my lifestyle

I've been to almost all the major cities in the UK and Manchester is by far the best of them all. It doesnt have the glamour of London and other people in the UK don't seem to like the place but I think thats because of local stereotypes of grim buildings, grey skies, rain, salford and sweaty mancs. But when talking to people in Europe who have been around the UK they've always held Manchester in high esteem. The only other cities that come close to Manchester are Glasgow, Liverpool and (imo) Newcastle and they all have shit hole areas too. People who think Moss Side and Hulme are rough should come check out the Divis, Shankill and Poleglass areas in Belfast. Drumchapel in Glasgow makes Ardwick look like a palace.

Lived there for 5 years and love the place, I was gutted to move back to Belfast.

Lets be honest here, I dont think players earning more than I will in the next 30 years, per week, will care about the public transport. Robinho didnt seem to complain about it anyway. The bus to the Trafford Centre is regular at least!

blue jim said:
I've been to almost all the major cities in the UK and Manchester is by far the best of them all. It doesnt have the glamour of London and other people in the UK don't seem to like the place but I think thats because of local stereotypes of grim buildings, grey skies, rain, salford and sweaty mancs. But when talking to people in Europe who have been around the UK they've always held Manchester in high esteem. The only other cities that come close to Manchester are Glasgow, Liverpool and (imo) Newcastle and they all have shit hole areas too. People who think Moss Side and Hulme are rough should come check out the Divis, Shankill and Poleglass areas in Belfast. Drumchapel in Glasgow makes Ardwick look like a palace.

Lived there for 5 years and love the place, I was gutted to move back to Belfast.

Lets be honest here, I dont think players earning more than I will in the next 30 years, per week, will care about the public transport. Robinho didnt seem to complain about it anyway. The bus to the Trafford Centre is regular at least!

How can you say Glasgow, instead of Edinburgh. A beautiful city centre where thousands come to each year from all over the world. Edinburgh>>> Glasgow

mancityscot said:
blue jim said:

How can you say Glasgow, instead of Edinburgh. A beautiful city centre where thousands come to each year from all over the world. Edinburgh>>> Glasgow

I love Edinburgh but it's a tourist city and can be very expensive......the centre is great but it's not too far to the roughest housing estates i've ever seen in my life lol

jrb said:
Having lived in Barcelona, Rome, Valencia and Hamburg.

I'm thinking a quick stroll around Beswick Las Ramblas and a drive around East Manchester will impress them.

-- Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:17 pm --

Whoops! Wrong thread.
who cares what they think, they will be paid enough.

bluemoon32 said:
mancityscot said:

I love Edinburgh but it's a tourist city and can be very expensive......the centre is great but it's not too far to the roughest housing estates i've ever seen in my life lol

You are right, their are quite a few rough council estates but nothing out of the ordinary. I live near broomhouse. But I also live near the city centre, which on a beautiful day is unbeatable for it's beauty

mancityscot said:
bluemoon32 said:

You are right, their are quite a few rough council estates but nothing out of the ordinary. I live near broomhouse. But I also live near the city centre, which on a beautiful day is unbeatable for it's beauty

Nearly had a stroke when that fookin cannon went off , was sitting in the park below the castle at the time lol.
had many a great time in Edinburgh though, especially when up for the rugby, best rugby weekend by a country mile.

I fucking hate London. I hate how everyone wanks over it like its the be all and end all of everything. Went to Chelsea for a stag night years ago and the place reeked of twats. Never forget that quote in bridget jones diary, 'does nothing function outside of London'? People actually believe that though and for that reason, I hope London gets levelled.

lived in london in the 80's for 8 years and i've been to the following cities in the last five
moscow, hamburg, kracow, edingburgh, aarhoose, copenhagen, london, rome, venice ( getting bored now , there is more)

the point is m/cr is my favourite by far! it has everything. for the cultured types, architecture, world famous libraries, museums.

It has the best shops, entertainment and general lifestyle in the world.

but most of all the best footie club in the world!

salford has many attributes but sadly doesn't compare with manchester in many areas

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.