what would you be doing 30 years ago tonight

I was in France riding my motorbike with my lovely girlfriend of the time sitting behind me.

Happy days, and even better nights!

We were students at the time, and in those days you got lots of free money so you could 'broaden your horizons'. So we did, and we motored around France for a couple of weeks, and had a very nice time.

The bike was a real brute, a Suzuki 750 triple, water cooled with stainless steel brakes that did'nt work in the rain, and when you opened the throttle all you got was a load of misfiring cylinders and clouds and clouds of blue smoke (it was a 2 stroke) then it cleared it's throat and went mental.

That's what I was doing 30 years ago tonight. I was in France.

i would of watched why don't you and the rest of the kids tv,then cricket(in those days bbc showed it).would of been out all day playing football,cricket,going swimming or riding on my grifter bike.god i wish i was as fit nowadays

More than likely either in one of two locals, the Robin Hood, Newton Heath, or The Pack Horse, Failsworth....if not then The Phoenix rock club in town, or a gig........happy daze

s**tting myself about having to start big school after the holidays but until then on my bike down the holiday club behind the cub hut for footy. Then a can of vimto and a bag of crisps and home for water margin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.