What would you consider to be a succesful season?

Same as every season forever more:
- Challenge for the Prem title, if we don't win it make sure we run whoever does win it close
- Domestic Cup win if we don't win the Prem, a good run will do if we do win the Prem, a double is a bonus
- Quarter finals or better in the CL

Forever and ever, amen.

cibaman said:
Matty said:
Well, if the recent poll on the BBC is anything to go by (it isn't) then City are, in fact, only 5th favourites for the title! Seriously. It just goes to show that, when you ask the general public to make a decision, they don't use their head, they use their hearts.

When asked who would win the 2014/15 Premier League Season, the vote end thusly:-

CHELSEA - 34.2%
MAN UTD - 18.8%
ARSENAL - 16.1%
LIVERPOOL - 14.5%
MAN CITY - 8.6%

I think there is also a tendency for people to vote for change. At the start of the season people find reasons to believe that the outcome will be different. The "logic" is that City nicked the title at the death, Chelsea have improved where they needed to, Chelsea will overtake City. They don't take into account that there was a lot of improvement still to come from City and that our recruiting has been effective even if not as high profile. Or that Chelsea might go backwards in some areas. Terry might not be able to maintain last season's standards, Luiz was a better player for Chelsea than his WC performances suggest, Lampard is more of a loss than many think etc.
I can get onboard with Chelsea being the favourites, they've strengthened their squad in the relevant areas, they've got Mourinho still, and they look like a very good squad indeed. For me it's the others that are just baffling. 10% more people think United, who finished 7th last season, and have done relatively little to address their weakened squad, will win the league than City?! Just less than twice as many people think Arsenal will win it?! 6% more think it's Liverpool's year, despite Suarez leaving and their extra workload now they are in Europe? When you assess that using logic as opposed to blind faith it simply doesn't stack up.

I have far more modest goals. I hope we can beat Sunderland home and away. I reckon that's a good starting point for a successful season!

Matty said:
Well, if the recent poll on the BBC is anything to go by (it isn't) then City are, in fact, only 5th favourites for the title! Seriously. It just goes to show that, when you ask the general public to make a decision, they don't use their head, they use their hearts.

When asked who would win the 2014/15 Premier League Season, the vote end thusly:-

CHELSEA - 34.2%
MAN UTD - 18.8%
ARSENAL - 16.1%
LIVERPOOL - 14.5%
MAN CITY - 8.6%

Ladbrokes, Paddy et al rubbing there hands at that spread.

Seeing Arsene Wankers face, when after flouting the " fair play rules " Lampard scores the winner in that match!

Us retaining the PL oh and David Villa on a free 6 month loan too!!!!

jollylescott said:
I have far more modest goals. I hope we can beat Sunderland home and away. I reckon that's a good starting point for a successful season!
I prefer the ones where despite only taking one miserable point off the cunts we win the league. Spent years taking 6 points off them and winning fuck all.

I am a simple man...

My needs are few.

Beat the Scum home and away.

Beat the Candle Lighting Weepers home and away...

After that I'll take whatever comes along.

Of course I would like to take 6 points from Sunderland but I am a realist!

JJ

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.