What would you consider to be a succesful season?

MrE said:
1. Further in Charity Shield than United (tick)
2. Further in Europe than United (tick)
3. 6 Points v United
4. Finish above United
5. Not get relegated
6. Top Half
7. Europe
8. Win the prem
9. FA Cup Round further than United
10. League Cup round further than United
11. Be more obsessed with the rags than what would be considered reasonable

:)

In my opinion, City, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and PSG have the best squads in Europe and all should be finishing the season with trophies, how you rank those teams though is up to you.

It all comes down to motivation for me, if we are 100% committed then we will win a trophy or two, another season like 2012/13 when we lost what looked like all motivation then we will win nothing.

Obviously injuries will play their part but I fully believe we have a squad now that we can't come out making excuses we don't have such and such a player, albeit I do think we are still very over-reliant on the likes of Kompany, Zabaleta, Yaya, Silva and Aguero dragging us over the line at times, some of the other players in similar positions need to stand up and take responsibility when one or two of those players are out.

I am a little worried from what I have seen in pre-season because it has been a little too relaxed looking in from the outside and whilst the Arsenal performance was a friendly I still expected a more passionate performance from some of those boys, Fernando and Toure looked like they had been to a party the night before that game.

If we are motivated we will win something, if not then forget it because there is too much quality around us to leave us standing this season.

This season I honestly believe that even dropping a point in the league could be massive.

To play great football and be competitive on all fronts - even if we win nothing but are in the mix then that is a successful season. A great season is when you then go on and win. We need to be careful that we do not fall into the media booby trap that if we do not win we have failed. United only won Europe twice in 25 years, it took Chelsea a dozen years of investment - Real won it for the first time in over 10 years this Year. Do not let the jealous pundits set unrealistic targets for us. Mancini failed not because we came second but because we did not compete.

jayfx said:
A decent Champs League run is a must!
After that the league, or if not the league, then close runner up along with the FA Cup.
League Cup will be a bonus but not enough by itself.

So you think a semi final in the champions league is more important than retaining the title?

Do well domestically for me every time when we have a dozen or so premier titles to our name, that will be the time when you can say a good run in the chumps league is a must

If we win champions league, finish anywhere in top four above united.
If not, improve pl points tally and goal diff from last year, finish above united and improve champs league performance (Last 8).

ifiwasarichfan said:
Winning any of the four trophy's we will be in for.

Getting the credit off the media that we deserve.

I am no longer happy with my first post. Reading the thread back it just seems small time.

I know we have the best team in the country and I expect to win this League. If we just miss out to Arsenal or Chelsea then we need to win the FA Cup again.

In the Champions League I think we have a good chance of winning it with this set of players and this season at the very least I would expect us to knock out at least one of the major players or a London Club in the later stages.

Surprised about the lack of positivity about both last season and the new season.

In the latest When Saturday Comes, City fan and regular WSC contributor Ian Farrell is asked how City will do. His response: "To defend the title we need to not rely on other teams' transition periods and blown opportunities."

On last season's highlights: "Palace's third against Liverpool probably eclipsed anything City did themselves on the pitch."

Too negative for me in a season where more than 100 goals were scored and some fantastic football played and the title was almost always in our own hands due to games in hand.

This season: I'm saying title won again, more goals scored, fewer conceded, fewer games lost, at least one respectable domestic cup run and CL quarter final appearance. Colours. Mast. Nailed.

MCRJON said:
Premier League
1 domestic cup win
Champs league semi

offical targets
I'd be ecstatic with that.

I'd consider anything less than a top 2 finish in the league, reaching the knockout stages of the Champions League and at least one trip to Wembley a disappointing season.

I know I will be in a minority but I think I would take a Champions League semi final over the Premier League.

We have proved over the last 4 seasons that we are the best team domestically now we need to prove it in Europe. I believe the club hierarchy are thinking along those lines too.

As for the domestic cups I couldn't care less now and have pulled out of both the LC and FAC schemes this year. They've become completely devalued in my eyes and the club told us how much of a priority they are with the team selections last year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.