What would you consider to be a succesful season?

Ric said:
Retaining the league would be a success, anything else would be a bonus.

Couldn't have out it better, to get back to back titles would be incredible

citymad said:
It's going to be a tough season to win any trophy because the competition for success will be fierce so I'll be kind've happy with any silverware but qualification for champs league is a minimum for a successful season. I believe this year we'll be facing intelligent managers who have grown tactically and they all look to have strong squads full of talent.

Not qualifying for Champions league would be considered disastrous season

Targets (what would be considered an OK season or minimum): Title challenge with 1st or 2nd position, Quarter Final Appearance in the CL, deep runs in the cups.

Successful season: Title retention (assuming no major injuries), Quarter Final Appearance or above in the CL, deep runs in the cups with a Wembley trip.

Unsuccessful season: Top 3 without a title challenge, group stage knockout in CL or going out to a small team in Last 16, pissing the cups.

This season could be more competetive from the previous one,so i would be happy with city in the top 3,winning the fa cup may be and in champions league reaching the semi/quarter final.

Blue Elvis said:
Ric said:
Retaining the league would be a success, anything else would be a bonus.

+1

I agree. It's a very difficult challenge to retain the title. As defending champions we have a large target on our backs, and even more than usual every team will want to knock us off. We fell short after 2011/12, but I suspect we have the experience now to deal in a better way with the expectations of defending a title.

The Champions League is another matter entirely. There is the luck of the draw, the idiosyncrasies of the European refs, injuries to key players etc, which can all affect progression through the competition. With a good draw we should be able to progress to the knockout stages, but at that stage anything can happen.

In regard to the cups, if we can win one that would be the icing on the cake, but we will need a good draw given our second string team will be playing most of the games until the final stages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.