What would you pay.....

Blue4ever85 said:
I dont think we'll get any of them signings in the summer if Hughes is still manager.

IF WE STILL HAVE HUGHES =

RSC £18m
Henry £15m
Fellaini £20m

IF WE GOT AN EXCITING MANAGER LIKE MOURINHO =

Villa £50m
Terry £25m
Aguero £30

Having a more prestigious manager may potentially help you recruit better players (although it won't be the most important reason) but it won't have any effect on the size of transfer fees the clubs will be demanding. Plus, if City is not in the CL or worse yet, not even in the UEFA Cup, no manager will be able to convince most of the world's top stars to join.

For these deals to have a good chance of happening you need all factors already in place: a place in the CL,a world class manager , deep squad filled with quality and lots of money. I think the mistake on the part of City owners is that they are trying to do too much too soon.
Going after Kakas and Messis of the world may show that you have money and ambition but given your recent track record and current standing it also makes you look arrogant and makes it difficult for other parties to treat you seriously.

Robbo. said:
ono said:
It's these types of threads and this sort of mentality that might make us look like twats.

I don't mind them because it's fun dreaming about signing those sorts of players - but other fans reading the forums are going to think we are tits considering we have just lot to ten man Stoke.

I reckon from that list we would have an outside chance of signing David Villa in the summer and i reckon the fee would be silly - probably around £60m

listen, its a bit of fun ffs!! ono thought you had more sense.
I wasn't having a pop. I can just imagine other fans reading this board thinking we're in cloud cuckoo land. The talk of Messi/Villa etc also seems to make the little kids on here spit their dummies out when we make realistic signings like Bridge and Bellamy.

From a personal point of view i'd pay anywhere upto £150m for Messi. He's that good imo.

ono said:
Robbo. said:
ono said:
It's these types of threads and this sort of mentality that might make us look like twats.

I don't mind them because it's fun dreaming about signing those sorts of players - but other fans reading the forums are going to think we are tits considering we have just lot to ten man Stoke.

I reckon from that list we would have an outside chance of signing David Villa in the summer and i reckon the fee would be silly - probably around £60m

listen, its a bit of fun ffs!! ono thought you had more sense.
I wasn't having a pop. I can just imagine other fans reading this board thinking we're in cloud cuckoo land. The talk of Messi/Villa etc also seems to make the little kids on here spit their dummies out when we make realistic signings like Bridge and Bellamy.

From a personal point of view i'd pay anywhere upto £150m for Messi. He's that good imo.

Thats all i was asking matey, what would you pay if you where the city manager? Not who do you think we should get, as i know we have not chance at the min to sign these players.

I think we should have got a new manager in a month or two back, given the manager chance to settle in, assess the squad over the rest of the (pretty much dead) season, then we can give it a good go from kick-off next season! Instead of getting a new manager at the end of the season and having a slow start to the season next year while the new manager settles in etc.

However, the board obviously know what they are doing.....don't they?? Mark Hughes knows what he is doing too....doesn't he? Buying average players who will help us finish mid-table at best!!

Robbo. said:
if you where City's manager, to try and get these players

Messi = £120Million
Kaka = £90Million
Ronaldo = £110Million
Villa = £60Million
Torres = £70Million

dont think the clubs would let them go for any less.
Pay Morinhio £20 million/pa and Kaka might come for £50m.

ono said:
Robbo. said:
ono said:

If i had the money i would pay up to 200 mil euros for messi i've been watching this game for the past 18 years and never seen a player as good as him period (even though ronaldo "brazilian" was also pretty damn talented).

Any player other than him should not cost more than 90 mil euros at best (kaka, c.ronaldo).....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.