What would your team selection be tonight?

What's with all this Garrido hate? People were knocking him for not being tight to Valencia, but he is following his fucking instructions from the boss. Any muppet can see that Mancini wants our back 4 to play narrow, so lay off the lad. It was the same on the other flank too... Giggs had just as much room as Valencia. Garrido's just doing his job, and doing it well.

Listening to a bit of Blue Tuesday last night en route to Macclesfield, and they suggested that Neddy could play at left back. He's hard to beat so might bolster that side. So if Toure is fit and available, then he comes in and Neddy to LB.

Thought Boyata did well on Sunday but he was a bit overawed last week.

Tricky_Trev said:
What's with all this Garrido hate? People were knocking him for not being tight to Valencia, but he is following his fucking instructions from the boss. Any muppet can see that Mancini wants our back 4 to play narrow, so lay off the lad. It was the same on the other flank too... Giggs had just as much room as Valencia. Garrido's just doing his job, and doing it well.

He gave him space then couldn't close him down, he let him get a cross in EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Bojinov The Bull said:
Tricky_Trev said:

He gave him space then couldn't close him down, he let him get a cross in EVERY SINGLE TIME!
That's a blatent exaggeration. I watched the match back on BBC iPlayer about 3 times and he blocked many crosses for corners and throw-ins. He also allowed several to get past him, but it would be the same no matter who we have at left back. They are instructed to play narrow and compact. Valencia is a quality winger, one of the best in Europe. He will get crosses in against anyone.

Bojinov The Bull said:
Tricky_Trev said:

from what i seen it was bellamys job to track him back and garrido to keep narrow and come on to valencia if bellamy could not stop him?

I would go with the OP's stating line up but i think Bobby will go with

.........................Given..........................

Onuoha......Richards.....Kompany.....Garrido

........Zabaleta....De Jong.....Barry............

....SWP.....................................Bellamy.

.......................Tevez...........................

I wouldn't start Bridge because he won't be upto speed as of yet because of his injury.
Onuoha to combat Evra's pace down our right hand side with SWP doubling up
Bellamy to track Valencia/Nani when defending

The key for this system to work would be SWP/Bellamy getting up to support Tevez when possible, try to retain possession in their half and play from their

Its twitchy bum time but i think we will hit them on the break fairly early on to get a real hold of the tie

Tricky_Trev said:
Bojinov The Bull said:
That's a blatent exaggeration. I watched the match back on BBC iPlayer about 3 times and he blocked many crosses for corners and throw-ins. He also allowed several to get past him, but it would be the same no matter who we have at left back. They are instructed to play narrow and compact. Valencia is a quality winger, one of the best in Europe. He will get crosses in against anyone.

Ok keeno! I won't argue with a person who has seen the match 4 times! I think that says it all...

THIS - perfect.

Mine would be:-

_________________GIVEN__________________

RICHARDS___ONOUHA____KOMPANY____ZABBA (anyone but Garrido!)

_________DE JONG_________BARRY__________

SWP___________IRELAND___________BELLAMY

________________TEVEZ__________________[/quote]

I'd go:

...............Given

Toure Onouha Kompany Bridge

.......De Jong........Barry

...............Ireland

SWP.............................Bellamy

..............Tevez

Richards and Garrido in for Toure and Bridge if they're not quite ready. I suspect that Mancini will go with:

...................Given

Richards...Toure..Kompany..Garrido

............Zaba...NDJ...Barry

SWP......................................Bellamy

...................Tevez

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.