#WhatDidYouDoWhenSergioScored

s1ty m said:
I posted this on another City forum the day after the amazing Sunday. All this is true and as someone has already said, they get sppoked by it. I still cannot get me head round it, but then again I had no idea it had got to 2-2. Here's my story:

Alright, no-one likes a long self-indulgent thread, but if you want to read, please do. It’s cathartic for me to write it as I can’t get my head around yesterday at all.

From the outside, listening in:

OK, we drove up from Coventry and arrived outside the ground at about 1. I and a mate have SCs. I brought my wife and daughter with me and a wad of cash for any willing sellers. There were none, not at least as far as I could see. My strategy was to wait until 3 and see if anyone would be offering anything at a decent price. Great strategy. My mate went in at 2.50. There were a few thousand outside and it was obvious that my brilliant strategic plan had fucked up in my face. I then made the biggest decision of my life and gave my SC to my daughter. She’s 17. I love her more than the world itself, so I couldn’t not do it. Anyway, I didn’t fancy the 2 of them outside. The crowd was clearly made up of decent people, but I couldn’t just leave them both. She was crying as she went in. That was enough for me and set me off on my rollercoaster afternoon.

The game kicked off and the missus and I milled down to the QPR end and sat on the seats outside K entrance. There was an odd roar and I thought that QPR had scored. The slow roar turned out to be QPR fans realising Stoke were winning. We walked back to City Square where there were a few people round iPads. Surreal. It dawned on me to check out my Skygo app on my phone and bugger me, it worked. A few of us huddled around the small screen and saw the action, only spoiled by a 1 minute delay! Zabs goal was a bit weird. It was not an explosion of noise, more a sort of slow build up of noise. I worked that out when I saw it was a dribbler of a goal and not a net bulger, more of a sort of slow-realisation of a goal.

Half-time. Spoke to me old man who was in Level 2. ‘Pissing it, Michael, QPR have no ambition’. Great, way to jinx it, Dad.
They equalized. It was a smaller roar, so I was totally sure who had scored. Some clowns started singing ‘Championees’. That stopped sharpish upon confirmation from a steward that it was 1-1. Shit, fucking shit. Believe it or not, I figured out there was a red card by the noises emanating from the stadium. A roar, lengthy anger and booing gave it away. I notice a woman peering in through the slats, she was waving both arms in a ‘Goodbye’ motion. Twitter confirmed the red, with the missus checking that fucking thing every 8 seconds.

We started to walk back towards K entrance. Coppers were telling us to clear the area as the club wanted everyone away. Whatever. I said we were going back to car at St Brigid’s school car park. As we trudged away, it went 1-2. That knowing away support roar. I heard a copper say, ‘That’s 2-1, it’ll kick off now’. The walk became slow and desperate. Passed a silent Mary D’s, utterly lost and disconsolate. We couldn’t speak. Horrible. Back in the car, 15 minutes left. We listened for 7 or 8 minutes before turning off and driving to a spot virtually outside Mary D’s, figuring Graham and Clare would be solemnly trudging back any time soon. I parked facing away from the stadium. What followed was something I’ve never seen before and maybe never will.

There was this noise. It’s hard to articulate what it sounded like. There were maybe 300 people suddenly out of the street, literally screaming. It was almost primeval, animal, crazy. I could see it all in my wing mirror. I got out of the car with a sense of fear, initially. I mean, WTF was going on. There were people yelling, hugging, dancing and wailing. Raw emotion, utterly bizarre. I told the missus that 2-2 was no good. Then I thought maybe Sunderland had scored. What I did know was that these were people going mad for a very special reason and hope suddenly welled up. One bloke ran by screaming ‘3 fucking 2’. On went the radio! Well, you know the rest. Some random stranger, City fan, stopped and asked what was going on. I didn’t know what to do or say as I’d just sort of lost it in the space of 30 seconds. The next sound was the commentator screaming that we’d won. The missus kept pointing at Twitter, saying that it was still 2-2. Me and said random bloke danced and screamed. People came out of the houses, people fell out of Mary D’s. You had to see it, it was like carnage in the street. Some bloke had a bottle of champagne, spraying it from his balcony. Madness. Wonderful. Unforgettable.

The 2 ticketed ones returned about 45 minutes later. Clare said that she had been hugged and kissed by hundreds. She was born a blue. She was 4 when the wife and I went to the Gillingham game. Now she understands why this club mean to me what they do. After those two ladies, City are it.

Got back at about 7.45 and watched the goal for the first time. I just sat and cried. Then went out a got pissed. Tonight I’ve got it all to come. Watch the game for the first time, Jeff and the boys (recorded both full programmes), MOTD and some You Tube shit I’ve collected today. Oh, and the parade.

This club are amazing. They are a cult. Unique.

So, I was there. Kind of. 3 season tickets next year. Absolutely.

Any other stories?

Michael.

That's absolutely brilliant mate.

I heard one or two people who were in the street when we equalised who said there was a time delay between the goal roar from the stadium and the pubs, because of satellite delay. Surreal!

I remember when Dzeko scored I went mental and dived into the other room and had a mini fit on the floor resulting in carpet burn on my arm. Then I went back to the TV, sat in the doorway and felt the most nervous I've ever felt in my life, I'd seen us in their penalty area, all of us were yelling for a goal and then Sergio scored and all I heard was shouting (I didn't even know who had scored it for us by that point). I just felt like all of the worrying, excitement, anger, happiness, upset, elation of the day had just all been rolled into one big ball and I ended up crouching over and just burst into tears in the doorway. Felt a bit of a wally for crying infront of everyone afterwards but I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one with teary eyes. Ended up celebrating with my mates and loads of fellow Blues in a few pubs that night, I think everyone in the pubs we went into were Blues, other than seeing a guy we used to go to school with rushing out of one of them with a hoodie covering his red shirt!

I likened the cheer to that winning goal to an exorcism, you could hear 40 years of pain just all arrive in a perfect storm.

I was angry when Dzeko scored, just summed up all my years of supporting City.

Then fear turned to one last hope. My dad was slumped in his seat, head in hands, saying he would never get to see us winning the league again before he died.

To be honest, from my seat, the ball went into the penalty area, I couldn't see where the ball was coming out to, I just waited for that split second and the reaction of the crowd in the North Stand.

I jumped on the back of my dad, then on to my seat. I started crying not just for me, but for my dad.

When you get older, your parents move down the rungs of the ladder a few, the wife comes along, then the kids.

For that incredible moment, it was just perfect in every single way, something I shared with him since I was the age of three or four, had finally delivered the ultimate fuck you all!

I have sat with my old man for 26 years at City
Thin and Thin you could say
He was diagnosed with Cancer in December 2010
We sit in East stand level 3 next to an older couple .
Before Dzeko scored the older man turned to my dad and said
" That's it , i will never see city win the league
My dad in turn agreed with him.
I took my dad's comments as him conceding defeat to Cancer

The rest is of course History and he was there to see it

Sadly my Dad lost his 22 month fight in October this year
The last game i sat with him was the day we won the league

For more than just football , i day i will never forget

Clarkey_78 said:
I have sat with my old man for 26 years at City
Thin and Thin you could say
He was diagnosed with Cancer in December 2010
We sit in East stand level 3 next to an older couple .
Before Dzeko scored the older man turned to my dad and said
" That's it , i will never see city win the league
My dad in turn agreed with him.
I took my dad's comments as him conceding defeat to Cancer

The rest is of course History and he was there to see it

Sadly my Dad lost his 22 month fight in October this year
The last game i sat with him was the day we won the league

For more than just football , i day i will never forget

Sorry to hear that mate. I'm glad you got to share that special moment with him.

The Colonel said:
Manchester_City_Blue said:
I vaguely remember asking several people 'is this really happening'. Tears, hugging my parents and mate, dancing, singing.
Haha you're not in 219 are you? After flying down the steps and nearly going over the barrier someone grabbed me and shouted this in my face. I then kissed the women in the opposite block and told the bloke behind that he was a miserable bastard! Then I collapsed on the ground in a wreck.

Nope. Sit in 121.

I tore my achilles tendon 2 days before the game, i discharged myself from hospital to watch the match, when Aguero scored i thought i was the anaesthetic from the surgery hadn't wore off and i was dreaming it, when my girlfriend told me a few hours later it was true i was glad for skyplus

s1ty m said:
I posted this on another City forum the day after the amazing Sunday. All this is true and as someone has already said, they get sppoked by it. I still cannot get me head round it, but then again I had no idea it had got to 2-2. Here's my story:

Alright, no-one likes a long self-indulgent thread, but if you want to read, please do. It’s cathartic for me to write it as I can’t get my head around yesterday at all.

OK, we drove up from Coventry and arrived outside the ground at about 1. I and a mate have SCs. I brought my wife and daughter with me and a wad of cash for any willing sellers. There were none, not at least as far as I could see. My strategy was to wait until 3 and see if anyone would be offering anything at a decent price. Great strategy. My mate went in at 2.50. There were a few thousand outside and it was obvious that my brilliant strategic plan had fucked up in my face. I then made the biggest decision of my life and gave my SC to my daughter. She’s 17. I love her more than the world itself, so I couldn’t not do it. Anyway, I didn’t fancy the 2 of them outside. The crowd was clearly made up of decent people, but I couldn’t just leave them both. She was crying as she went in. That was enough for me and set me off on my rollercoaster afternoon.

The game kicked off and the missus and I milled down to the QPR end and sat on the seats outside K entrance. There was an odd roar and I thought that QPR had scored. The slow roar turned out to be QPR fans realising Stoke were winning. We walked back to City Square where there were a few people round iPads. Surreal. It dawned on me to check out my Skygo app on my phone and bugger me, it worked. A few of us huddled around the small screen and saw the action, only spoiled by a 1 minute delay! Zabs goal was a bit weird. It was not an explosion of noise, more a sort of slow build up of noise. I worked that out when I saw it was a dribbler of a goal and not a net bulger, more of a sort of slow-realisation of a goal.

Half-time. Spoke to me old man who was in Level 2. ‘Pissing it, Michael, QPR have no ambition’. Great, way to jinx it, Dad.
They equalized. It was a smaller roar, so I was totally sure who had scored. Some clowns started singing ‘Championees’. That stopped sharpish upon confirmation from a steward that it was 1-1. Shit, fucking shit. Believe it or not, I figured out there was a red card by the noises emanating from the stadium. A roar, lengthy anger and booing gave it away. I notice a woman peering in through the slats, she was waving both arms in a ‘Goodbye’ motion. Twitter confirmed the red, with the missus checking that fucking thing every 8 seconds.

We started to walk back towards K entrance. Coppers were telling us to clear the area as the club wanted everyone away. Whatever. I said we were going back to car at St Brigid’s school car park. As we trudged away, it went 1-2. That knowing away support roar. I heard a copper say, ‘That’s 2-1, it’ll kick off now’. The walk became slow and desperate. Passed a silent Mary D’s, utterly lost and disconsolate. We couldn’t speak. Horrible. Back in the car, 15 minutes left. We listened for 7 or 8 minutes before turning off and driving to a spot virtually outside Mary D’s, figuring Graham and Clare would be solemnly trudging back any time soon. I parked facing away from the stadium. What followed was something I’ve never seen before and maybe never will.

There was this noise. It’s hard to articulate what it sounded like. There were maybe 300 people suddenly out of the street, literally screaming. It was almost primeval, animal, crazy. I could see it all in my wing mirror. I got out of the car with a sense of fear, initially. I mean, WTF was going on. There were people yelling, hugging, dancing and wailing. Raw emotion, utterly bizarre. I told the missus that 2-2 was no good. Then I thought maybe Sunderland had scored. What I did know was that these were people going mad for a very special reason and hope suddenly welled up. One bloke ran by screaming ‘3 fucking 2’. On went the radio! Well, you know the rest. Some random stranger, City fan, stopped and asked what was going on. I didn’t know what to do or say as I’d just sort of lost it in the space of 30 seconds. The next sound was the commentator screaming that we’d won. The missus kept pointing at Twitter, saying that it was still 2-2. Me and said random bloke danced and screamed. People came out of the houses, people fell out of Mary D’s. You had to see it, it was like carnage in the street. Some bloke had a bottle of champagne, spraying it from his balcony. Madness. Wonderful. Unforgettable.

The 2 ticketed ones returned about 45 minutes later. Clare said that she had been hugged and kissed by hundreds. She was born a blue. She was 4 when the wife and I went to the Gillingham game. Now she understands why this club mean to me what they do. After those two ladies, City are it.

Got back at about 7.45 and watched the goal for the first time. I just sat and cried. Then went out a got pissed. Tonight I’ve got it all to come. Watch the game for the first time, Jeff and the boys (recorded both full programmes), MOTD and some You Tube shit I’ve collected today. Oh, and the parade.

Any other stories?

Michael.
Top story Michael

s1ty m said:

Any other stories?

Michael.

Absolutely brilliant story.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.