#WhatDidYouDoWhenSergioScored

I was in a pub in Treaerddur Bay, Anglesey. A bunch of Utd fans had been giving abuse all through the match, and when 'that' goal went in, for some reason I turned around and hurled all the bar mats from my table in their general direction, I then turned saw my 10yr old daughter and flung her over my shoulder so fast I was hanging her over my shoulder by her ankles. My brother (Newcastle fan), my wife (Liverpool fan) and a few strangers were just jumping around like lunes. The Utd fans were gone very very quickly (which was a relief as I'm a small bloke and didn't really want to have any confrontation after the whole bar mat thing).
I then broke open a bottle of bubbly that I had hiding in the fridge at home. I thought I'd jinxed the result by 90mins, by being a bit too optimistic.

I was in Rachel's in benidorm, the place was packed as all prem games were on.i went mental with a couple of city fans I did not know and a Leeds fan.but what I saw was approx 85% of the people in there al celebrating the win.the aguero moment will go down ,like the Kennedy or diana moment for football fans. They will all know where they were that monumentus day.

I'm in EL3 and from being utterly desolate, to thinking, after Dzeko scored "typical of the twats to give us a glimmer of hope"
Sergio scored and I just stood there as everyone around went fucking barmy. I didn't celebrate, I just watched and it was like an out of body experience. I turned to my mate and he wasn't there. Somehow he'd ended three rows UP

I was in Mary D's, shirt off for lots of sweaty hugs, bouncing around like a madman, a few tears, then shit loads more beer!

Watched the game in the townley with my mate, earlier in the day the top button on my pants fell off so when Sergio scored I copied him taking my top off and swinging it round whilst my pants were round my ankles. All teary eyed! other than my daughter being born best day ever

I threw my lad in the air, jumped around like a mad man ended up in a massive pile of bodies on the floor in 218, I cried, I hugged every single person within 5 rows of me, I cried a bit more, hugged some more, went a bit mental, threw my lad again then cried some more.

That's about 142 characters or something but pretty much what went on at that majestic moment.

allan harper said:
I can't remember what I did I can only remember what I was going to do before he scored, I had it my head to smash my phone up and get a train to Scotland and hide there for a few days.

Similarly before Sergio scored I was planning on throwing my phone in the canal on the way home and debating if I should tie some bricks to my ankles and follow my phone in.

As for what happened when he did score once it had calmed down a bit and had got off the pitch got the cigar and champagne off the bloke next to me that he had sneaked into the ground and sat there City as champions thinking life will never get better than today.

My daughter was about 7 weeks old at the time and she was fast asleep in my arms. I was watching at home on TV, feeling pretty fucking miserable. But then Sergio scored and I had this bizarre situation whereby I was going fucking mental but without really moving and without making a sound, cos of the baby being fast asleep. So my left arm was flapping all over the place and I was mouthing "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in silence, whilst the rest of my body was motionless.

It's funny when momentous things happen like this. The memory doesn't recall the whole event sequentially, like a movie. You just have little stills and one second cameos imprinted on the brain. Dickov's goal had it, the birth of my kids had it and Sergio's Miracle followed the same pattern.

I remember seeing the ball hit the net.
I remember seeing about 50 people from our bench and the tunnel pour onto the pitch
I remember bouncing in a full 360 degree circle
I remember a massive hug with a bloke 2 seats down who also remembers it - I see it in his eyes every game now when we nod to each other
I remember turning round and repeating to everyone and noone "Manchester fucking City" time after time.
I remember finding my phone shattered on the floor.

That's the little sequence of events printed on my brain for the rest of my life

I think I had a mini-breakdown. I just lost it. Screamed, cried, nearly passed out.

It was fucking brilliant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.