What's a good salary?

So you're all in favour of all the feckless, financially irresponsible, debt junkie morons and ten bob millionaires just being bailed out and having debts (often repeatedly) written off then?
That’s right. I’ve always advocated locking up entrepreneurial risk takers every time one of their ventures fails. I’m sure that the state would be happy to pay unemployment benefit for the millions of people that are gainfully employed by their subsequent successful ventures that would never have happened had they been locked up.

As apologies go, it’s not one of the best I’ve seen, way to keep digging.

Where did I apologise?

As for tax why do you feel you're not obliged to pay the tax liable on you're earnings rather than avoiding/evading it?

(BTW how are you doing with educating yourself as to just what free market capitalism is and how it operates? Or are you still struggling with understanding that one?)

Where did I apologise?
Whoosh!
As for tax why do you feel you're not obliged to pay the tax liable on you're earnings rather than avoiding/evading it?
Tax evasion is a crime. Are you accusing him of a crime? Tax avoidance is what every sentient tax payer should be doing. Do you pay more taxes than necessary? If so, that’s your problem. Like most people, I try to spend as little of my hard earned money on taxes every year. Why wouldn’t you?

Where did I apologise?

(BTW how are you doing with educating yourself as to just what free market capitalism is and how it operates? Or are you still struggling with understanding that one?)
Well I don’t live or work in the U.K. for a start, nor have I for the last five years. I pay all the tax I’m obligated to pay, which is zero.

And given the fact I’ve got an economics degree and work in private equity, I’ve a fair idea as to how markets operate.

You’re not doing well here are you.

I am proud to say I haven't a fucking clue what a straw man argument is and am going out of my way to not find out.

I am proud to say I haven't a fucking clue what a straw man argument is and am going out of my way to not find out.
It’s very simple.

You say “Liverpool aren’t that and you think we’ll probably win the league”.

I then counter (and argue against a point you’ve not made) “if you think Liverpool will get relegated then you want your head examining fella!”

And thus I built a straw man.

Well I don’t live or work in the U.K. for a start, nor have I for the last five years. I pay all the tax I’m obligated to pay, which is zero.

And given the fact I’ve got an economics degree and work in private equity, I’ve a fair idea as to how markets operate.

You’re not doing well here are you.

So that's a no then... you still don't understand what free market capitalism is.

So that's a no then... you still don't understand what free market capitalism is.
So I ask again, what tax should I be paying? How am I avoiding or evading it?

Yes I do understand what free market capitalism is but I don't understand the relevance of it to whatever point it is you are trying to make.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.