What's happening with my toilet?

I'm no plumber and can't work put what's happening when i flush my bog so I'm asking for good old BM advice. In the last week or I've been flushing my toilet and the water level has been raising without properly flushing properly.

Several turds have been resurfacing from from previously disappearing. One particular sweetcorn encrusted turd has bobbed up twice now, it's as if waving at me and taking the piss. : /

What's going on?
Could be a blockage of the closet bend or soil pipe.

Get a high grade blockage remover. Get a couple of bottles and use the lot. If it still persists get a plunger or plumb snake.

If it still persists you’ll have to get a plumber.

Do you or anyone you live with flush wet wipes down the loo? If so, STOP! They are not for flushing down the loo! They are not degradable because they are made with plastic and can easily get stuck in the waste tubes and any point over time a build up of them can cause what you’re seeing or much worse*!

Ask any plumber, wet wipes are the biggest cause of this issue.

Do you share a soil pipe with other properties? If so, they might be flushing wet wipes down their loos and there could be a back log of them that’s affecting your loo.

[* at my Mam+Dad’s old house they shared a soil pipe with all the terraced houses on their row (about 7 houses) and there was a huge blockage of wet wipes that caused a backflow and my Mam+Dad’s back yard flooded with everyone’s shit in their yard… it was fucking disgusting!]

Last edited by a moderator:
The trick is the old two flush. Shit, flush. Wipe arse. Once it is full again flush.
My 'go-to' trick is to flush and at the same time pour the contents of a bucket of water from chest height down the pan. In the good old days we used to have cisterns built nearer the roof than the floor. The extra height was curtains for any logs lurkin' around with little intent of going to the sewage farm.

Do you share a soil pipe with other properties? If so, they might be flushing wet wipes down their loos and there could be a back log of them that’s affecting your loo.

[* at my Mam+Dad’s old house they shared a soil pipe with all the terraced houses on their row (about 7 houses) and there was a huge blockage of wet wipes that caused a backflow and my Mam+Dad’s back yard flooded with everyone’s shit in their yard… it was fucking disgusting!]
I live on the end house of 4 and the manhole is in my garden. Some good advice on here which I'll take starting with a bottle of unblocking gel and hosepipe. Thanks blues.

Talking of a back log, reminds my of an old song, and i could take Mutley Macc's advice, or not: )

He went for a meal with the posh in-laws, to ask for their daughter's hand (again).
Tea on the patio, croquet on the lawn, but Dan's rectal passage starts to strain again.

He sits down to eat, clenching his cheeks, he wonders which knife and fork to use.
Then its: 'Excuse me, please' as he leaves his seat, and he pegs it up the stairs to find the loo.

He parks his breakfast, fills the bowl, uses up half a toilet roll.
He flushed and he flushed, but it wouldn't go, It must have weighed over half a stone.
He flushed and he flushed but it wouldn't shift, he couldn't leave it lying in the bog.
So he rolled up his sleeves, picks up the shit, he thinks he can disguise it as a log.

He opens the window, takes his aim,
And chucks it in the bushes over there.
He hopes somebody else will get the blame, and he goes back down to finish his hor d'oeuvres.

He wanders in, begging their pardon, (remembering to fasten up his bags).
But everybody's staring out at the garden
At the steaming turd that's landed on the flags.

big bucket of water straight down the bog usually sorts it out, if not a few kettles of boiling water then the bucket treatment, and if all else fails get loads of carry bags put them all into one bag and make a ball ram it into your bog creating a seal and pump like fuck

I live on the end house of 4 and the manhole is in my garden. Some good advice on here which I'll take starting with a bottle of unblocking gel and hosepipe. Thanks blues.

Talking of a back log, reminds my of an old song, and i could take Mutley Macc's advice, or not: )

He went for a meal with the posh in-laws, to ask for their daughter's hand (again).
Tea on the patio, croquet on the lawn, but Dan's rectal passage starts to strain again.

He sits down to eat, clenching his cheeks, he wonders which knife and fork to use.
Then its: 'Excuse me, please' as he leaves his seat, and he pegs it up the stairs to find the loo.

He parks his breakfast, fills the bowl, uses up half a toilet roll.
He flushed and he flushed, but it wouldn't go, It must have weighed over half a stone.
He flushed and he flushed but it wouldn't shift, he couldn't leave it lying in the bog.
So he rolled up his sleeves, picks up the shit, he thinks he can disguise it as a log.

He opens the window, takes his aim,
And chucks it in the bushes over there.
He hopes somebody else will get the blame, and he goes back down to finish his hor d'oeuvres.

He wanders in, begging their pardon, (remembering to fasten up his bags).
But everybody's staring out at the garden
At the steaming turd that's landed on the flags.

haha, been to see the macc lads quite a few times, always a rum gig

I live on the end house of 4 and the manhole is in my garden. Some good advice on here which I'll take starting with a bottle of unblocking gel and hosepipe.
Handy tip: If you drink the unblocking gel, then whenever you have a shit, you'll automatically unblock the toilet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.