What's next after Nasri?

Kurple said:
What's up with RSC? He should be good enough to be a 4th striker. There is no need to spend just because we can.

You are having a laugh aren't you.

Blue_Ash said:
Sleeping_Easy said:
After nasri we don't need anybody.

The issues being brought up are:

4th striker: If Tevez goes we shouldn't sign another striker as this allows youngsters like Guidetti (sp?) to get games.

A winger with pace: This is the one which could happen but mancni prefers players to be more intelligent with their use of the ball than kick and rush. We have players who can play the wide roles in Silva, AJ, Balo, Nasri, Kun, SWP and in emergencies milner. We dont want overload the squad.

Another CM: Viera preformed a very important role last season and made 32apps in all. Normally i'd say we need to replace him but with milner asking for more chances in the middle we have someone in the squad who can make up them 32apps. It also keeps a current squad member happy.

Anyone disagree?

For me, Milner plays far too deep when played in the middle. At times last season he was almost playing between Kompany and Lescott he was that deep. For that reason I dont he's the permanent answer for the CM job

Well surely this is where the coaching aspect comes in as he has the attributes so it's all about getting him to play in a the style needed.

Maine Rd said:
This is one that has not been debated much but i am also of the opinion that Lescott could be a weak link for us this year. I actually think as good as Vinnie is he is still a touch raw and i would like to see us sign an experienced, tough centre half to play with him and calm VK and Richards at times when required. However, they are few and far between. Someone like Carvalho or Lucio that would just give us that composure at the back. Lucio has just extended his deal at Inter for 2 years.

I dont like being negative in regards to players and i can see how well Lescott fits in with the group, he is English and that back line has a real togetherness. His strength is his heading ability but just think back as an example to 70 mins gone in the FA cup final and how easily he was turned by Jones near halfway at 0-0 who then managed to run 50 yards and get a shot in. We could easily have lost that 1-0 and he would have been to blame, so for me although he is better than Toure he wouldnt be in my starting 11 for the huge games we are going to play. Bolton away on Sun i have no problems with. What i have seen of Savic he is extremely raw so not looking like the answer. Hope i am proved wrong and maybe playing against someone as tricky and quick as Aguero might just benefit him.

Summed up my feelings with that post mate, Lescott will be fine in 80% of the league games when we won't come under intense pressure and he can head crosses and punts down the middle away. Against teams with fast, technically gifted forwards, the likes of which we will face in the CL, I do worry that he could well be found out.

Murph said:
Maine Rd said:
This is one that has not been debated much but i am also of the opinion that Lescott could be a weak link for us this year. I actually think as good as Vinnie is he is still a touch raw and i would like to see us sign an experienced, tough centre half to play with him and calm VK and Richards at times when required. However, they are few and far between. Someone like Carvalho or Lucio that would just give us that composure at the back. Lucio has just extended his deal at Inter for 2 years.

I dont like being negative in regards to players and i can see how well Lescott fits in with the group, he is English and that back line has a real togetherness. His strength is his heading ability but just think back as an example to 70 mins gone in the FA cup final and how easily he was turned by Jones near halfway at 0-0 who then managed to run 50 yards and get a shot in. We could easily have lost that 1-0 and he would have been to blame, so for me although he is better than Toure he wouldnt be in my starting 11 for the huge games we are going to play. Bolton away on Sun i have no problems with. What i have seen of Savic he is extremely raw so not looking like the answer. Hope i am proved wrong and maybe playing against someone as tricky and quick as Aguero might just benefit him.

Summed up my feelings with that post mate, Lescott will be fine in 80% of the league games when we won't come under intense pressure and he can head crosses and punts down the middle away. Against teams with fast, technically gifted forwards, the likes of which we will face in the CL, I do worry that he could well be found out.

I agree with this about Lescott in Europe especially against the top sides. Lucio would have been great but he isn't as mobile as he was, and with him signing a new deal at Inter it's very unlikely.

Maybe after this window we can look to the future for Hummels, Javi Martinez, Muller and Goetze ?

For this window maybe Lavezzi if Tevez goes or Honda, Lennon and Coates.

No one according to the Daily Mail, who says Mancini isn't being allowed to buy Coates because no more money will be spent after Nasri. (See Coates thread below for the cut and paste).

thats it according to bobby, unless others leave

still think we could see bellers, sweep, tevez and ade all leaving thou

dref619 said:

when did mancini say this mate?

richards30 said:
dref619 said:

when did mancini say this mate?

press conference, just been on ssn

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.