Whats next for this squad?

Sometimes bringing in a an older head works . Would love to know what our conversion rate for goals is this season how many shots on target and goals scored. Trying to think of a leader we can bring but can’t at the minute . I look at Jordan Henderson at Liverpool who is not tactically great but he is one hell of a motivator and is major asset to them. I think the nearest we have is kdb. Your right about sane . If he wanted to stay he wouldn’t have created soo much so he will go and we should charge top money for him but I think we will lose out. I like Jamie vardy and he would score 40 plus a season here

just PL matches
  • Goals 35
    Goals per match 2.92
    Shots 258
    Shots on target 86
    Shooting accuracy %33%
    Big chances created 46
    Hit woodwork 11
we're the most/highest across the board except shooting accuracy. Maybe skewed abit in that nearly 1/3 of goals came from two matches.
We had 30 shots & 10 on target against spurs....

Lightweight squad at the moment with injuries, but it's highlighting the inadequacies of the squad's depth. Gudogan can't be trusted in big games IMO, he's been great for us but against the big teams he's hit and miss, he's a squad player not a 1st XI player.

I totally agree Foden needs to be used more now he's quality and needs more game time. WHy wouldn't you use him now the league is pretty much gone? We'll be loads better once Laporte and Sane are back but again Sane will probably leave so he needs to be replaced. I always thought we were more dangerous with him in the team so he needs to be replaced too. That won't be easy and it's another gaping hole we need to plug.

Like I said we'll be miles better with Laporte back in the squad but he has nobody of his level next to him. We're missing VK big time in terms of leadership and big game ability. Yes use Garcia more, he looks ace but we need another CB. Garcia needs more time to develop into a top top player

Wingbacks wise... Cancelo looks top, but we need 2 people who can perform as well as TAA and Robertson? Mendy looked like he was gonna be the shit when he first signed but just hasn't recaptured anywhere near that form? Angelino... yeah he was pretty poor against Liverpool but can't be too hard on him, he has talent, he just needs more time to develop with Pep. That was his first BIG, high pressure game for us. Like I said needs TIME to develop, it's not gonna happen over night. Developing Foden, Garcia, HWB, Doyle, Angelino... it's a patience thing. They're not ready to be regular starters but they need that next step i.e. increased playing time. It's worked for Chelsea with their lot... we just need to start doing it too.

Strikers wise, we need a BIG signing in the summer here too. Jesus, yeah he's great... will he get us 30+ goals in a season though? I'd love us to go all out for Mbappe but that just isn't gonna happen. We need a superstar up front IMO. I love Aguero but he can't do it on his own, hasn't been great at putting easy chances away recently.

Midfield wise we're totally ok. KDB and Bernardo need to wake the F up though and get back to being at their best. Neither have been particularly shit hot this year compared to previous seasons. Are they being played out of position? Bernardo... yes. He's not a winger IMO, needs to play more centrally. KDB? I feel like sometimes he's too far up the pitch, he should drop back and spray it out like a quarter back. His range of passing is suberb. We need to utilise this more.

We're only a couple of signings and a few injury returns awa from being CL and PL favourites... but that's the thing. We don't have them new signings yet and the injury crisis is still fucking dreadful so we're gonna have to make do until then. We'll improve, and our luck with injuries will get better too. Can we win anything? Sure FA cup and League cup are there for the taking... we need to win one of those. Can we win the CL? Not sure... unless Stones suddenly becomes a beast and a real leader drags us up i'm not sure we have it this time. PL? No chance!

Enjoy my assesment, hopefully i don't get lambasted for it!

just PL matches
  • Goals 35
    Goals per match 2.92
    Shots 258
    Shots on target 86
    Shooting accuracy %33%
    Big chances created 46
    Hit woodwork 11
we're the most/highest across the board except shooting accuracy. Maybe skewed abit in that nearly 1/3 of goals came from two matches.
We had 30 shots & 10 on target against spurs....
Cheers for that fella . We do have a lot of shots don’t we

The most immediate need is at centerback. Otamendi needs to be replaced with a new signing, preferably in January, but this summer at the latest. Stones can stay because there is no market, and he's English. Hopefully Eric Garcia or THB can step up to replace Fernandinho either as he fades or moves back into the midfield.

Beyond that we need to freshen up the attack. Mahrez hasn't worked out in the sense that he hasn't been providing high level competition to Bernardo on the right, but realistically he stays at least one more year. Sane needs to be sold, this winter if the money is right, but definitely in the summer if he hasn't signed a new deal. My main target for this area would be Lautaro Martinez from Inter. He is amazing, and in my opinion the rightful heir to Aguero's throne. For the wing we can attempt to shift Jesus out wide as a backup to Raheem and to get him more gametime, while still leaving open the possibility that Braaf can breakthrough in the next few years.

At leftback we need to see more from Angelino before deciding what to do there, and the rest of the pitch is basically covered.

A striker over 5'-9" would be nice. Especially as we seem to be put a lot of high crosses in these days. A Dzeko clone would be a start, or another 'beast'. Let's see a bit of muscle up front for a change. Not a lightweight like Jesus.
If we got a Edin clone the daft fuckers would ping it in at knee hight across the 6 yard box ffs ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.