What's our strongest lineup when everybody is fit?

Ederson, Dias, Stones, Walker, Rodri, KDB, Haaland.
then 1 from Ake or Gvardiol
and 3 from Silva, Alverez, Grealish, Foden, Kovacic.
Honourable mention to Akanji

The squad is so good and it's all down to who we are playing and what we need, so it's really tough to pick a first 11.

If I was picking a side for the CL final I'd probably go with the below:

Ederson, Walker, Stones, Dias, Ake, Rodri, Kovacic, Bernardo, Phil, Alvarez, Haaland.

De Bruyne should be in there, but on current form I couldn't drop Phil or Julian so have stuck them in. Plus it's a CL final so he'd get injured anyway! Bernardo was class in the last final, one of the few who was playing to their usual high quality.

The bench would have the likes of Akanji, Gvardiol, Nunes, De Bruyne, Doku, Grealish not bad options!

There isn’t one.

It depends on the opposition and what kind of result we’d need.
Precisely. BUT if everyone is fit I imagine Ederson, Dias, Stones, Rodri, Kev and Haaland make the team regardless. That's about as close as I'd go to a guarantee. Perm the rest depending on opposition

I don’t think we have one.

The back 6 pick themselves and de Bruyne and Håland, but you can rotate any of Foden, BSilva and Álvarez and be just as good a team.

————————Ederson——————
Walker——Stones——Dias—— Aké
—————————Rodri———————
————de Bruyne——One-/Three^——
One/Three^——Håland———Grealish

I don’t think you can drop Aké from our best team just because we’ve spent a lot of money on Gvardiol. He’s still a better player than Gvardiol, a much better defender. Aké was in our top three or four players last season. Maybe even second behind Rodri.

................Halaand.........
Doku............................Foden
......Nunes.........Debruyne.....
...........Rodri....Kovacic......
Gvardiol...... Dias ......Stones
..........,.......Ederson................

For me it would be Ederson, Gvardiol, Dias, Stones, Walker, Rodri, KDB, Foden, Doku, Haaland and Alvarez in terms of best attacking lineup. In terms of having the best control I'd go for something like Ederson, Gvardiol, Dias, Stones, Walker, Rodri, Kova, KDB, Grealish, Haaland and Bernardo. It's a good problem to have and obviously depends on the opposition we're playing but it's interesting to hear everyone's optimal lineup.
So, by your own observation, there is no "best 11"

------------Ederson------------
Stones--Akanji--Dias--Gvardiol
-------------Rodri-------------
--------Nunes----KDB----
---Foden---Haaland---Doku--

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.