What's our strongest lineup when everybody is fit?

Ederson

Walker Stones Dias Ake/Gvardiol

Rodri

Silva KDB Foden Grealish

Haaland

Can't really decide between Ake and Gavrdiol. I feel Ake is the better defender whereas Gvardiol is better on the ball.

In some games one of the 4 behind Haaland may be replaced by Kovacic for a bit more central solidity and control. If Doku continues to make progress he could become first choice for one of the wide spots.

Eddie
Walker
stones
Dias
Ake

Rodri
Bernardo
Kev
Foden

Alvarez
Haarland

on Kevs return his legs and how they hold up will decide if he is now at the time Pirlo was when he dropped into a deeper playmaker role, sitting in next to rodri and dictating the play from deep

................Halaand.........
Doku............................Foden
......Nunes.........Debruyne.....
...........Rodri....Kovacic......
Gvardiol...... Dias ......Stones
..........,.......Ederson................
Wow, just Wow factor team. Total control, ball retention and the ability to hit a team from the wings, through the middle and Eddy also lumping it to hit them direct!

................Halaand.........
Doku............................Foden
......Nunes.........Debruyne.....
...........Rodri....Kovacic......
Gvardiol...... Dias ......Stones
..........,.......Ederson................
would lose at least 6 games with that team

4 smash and grabs and 2 where a high press would be our undoing

Exactly, the recency bias to that team is absurd. Sure, let’s just drop Grealish, Alvarez, Bernardo, Walker, Ake etc…
Ake v Gvardiol is a toss up. So is Bernardo v Kova. The rest I stand by as superior.

I picked Kova over Bernardo coz I sense he leaves at the end of the season. So maybe some bias there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.