What's something you'll never do again in your life?

I'm clinging on with cricket. Took 2-14 off 5 overs on Wednesday. Should have been 3 but keeper dropped a regulation edge. Getting over it though, not! Weather fucked it up today but have a game tomorrow. Im fairly FOC and everything hurts all the flipping time
48!!!!

Listen up kid..........there are plenty of years left in you yet. :)

I was back in the old country in May and managed to arrange a game in a league match for one of my old teams, just for old times sake.

I hadn't played for 27 years, but still ended up joint top scorer with five boundaries and (if you exclude the wides) most economical bowler with five overs for ten runs.

OK, in my younger days I could fairly whiz them down, but this was now off six paces, line and length. It's like riding a bike, it's still there. The plan was to have just the one over to say I did it, but it ended up being five.

I loved every minute of being out there, but my body certainly suffered the consequences and my hips were still sore even when I was back here. Arthritis in my back and hips.

I'm all but 65, still play in an over 35's football league on a Friday evening and although I'm totally crippled the next day, by the time Friday comes around again, I'm ready to go.

My advice is, unless you fall out of love with it, don't stop.

48!!!!

I was back in the old country in May and managed to arrange a game in a league match for one of my old teams, just for old times sake.

I hadn't played for 27 years, but still ended up joint top scorer with five boundaries and (if you exclude the wides) most economical bowler with five overs for ten runs.

OK, in my younger days I could fairly whiz them down, but this was now off six paces, line and length. It's like riding a bike, it's still there. The plan was to have just the one over to say I did it, but it ended up being five.

I loved every minute of being out there, but my body certainly suffered the consequences and my hips were still sore even when I was back here. Arthritis in my back and hips.

I'm all but 65, still play in an over 35's football league on a Friday evening and although I'm totally crippled the next day, by the time Friday comes around again, I'm ready to go.

I'm 59 in a couple of months, still down hill ski at least fifty days a year, elk hunt for a couple of weeks in the mountains, hike and bike. Gotta use it while you can

48!!!!

I wont. Good on you mate

I'm 59 in a couple of months, still down hill ski at least fifty days a year, elk hunt for a couple of weeks in the mountains, hike and bike. Gotta use it while you can
Action man eh ?
I'm 70, still watch movies, ohh and 10k steps a day whilst sneaking glances at bikini clad young women. Still wash the car as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.