What's the best football book of all time.

the big book of city by gary james

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Book-City-Gary-James/dp/0955812720" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Book-City-G ... 0955812720</a>

Another shout for Gary James' book, but also that "Down and out with the dead men at Manchester City" which reports on our fall to Div 2. Fantastic book that sums up a lot and keeps you chuckling about our plight, which we all did.

Joycee Banercheck said:
Another shout for Gary James' book, but also that "Down and out with the dead men at Manchester City" which reports on our fall to Div 2. Fantastic book that sums up a lot and keeps you chuckling about our plight, which we all did.
At the time in the old Dv 3 i was crying not chuckling, we can look back now and think how lucky we are Dickov's last gasp goal and Weavers pen saves, i really thought in 98/99 season the club i love at died.

Broken Dreams by Tom Bower. Brilliant book which lifts the lid on corruption in football.

If you want to learn the truth about the dodgy dealings of the likes of Venables and Twitcher then this book is a must read. Unbelievable what some of these people have got away with in the past.

Best football book I have read by a mile !

I would deffinatly say the best football book of all time is Govnors by Micky Frances *tries to keep strait face*
searuisly the best i have read would either be kicked in to toach by fred ire, or jeff winters book. thers also a good one by a football jurnalist but i cant remember his name

All Played Out by Pete Davis

He was given unlimited access to the England team during World Cup 90
Real warts all all stuff(something which wouldnt happen now) great stories on Barnes, Waddle and of course Gazza and the late Sir Bobby
Its brilliant

That's for your recommendations, all. I might take a pre-match trip to Waterstones.

Billy City said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
At the time in the old Dv 3 i was crying not chuckling, we can look back now and think how lucky we are Dickov's last gasp goal and Weavers pen saves, i really thought in 98/99 season the club i love at died.
Amen to that, brother. It was the worst of times. It was the best of times.

Not the best but a good insight into the club.
0953084744.01._SX140_SY225_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.