whats the catch ?

DortmundDummy

Renovating a house in Droylsden and guy came up asking if I wanted FREE cavity wall insulation I said why not then three other guys turned up in seconds one to give a FREE energy efficiency inspection another asked if I wanted to have outside adaptor connection for EVs (electric vehicle) I said sure even tho hav,nt got EV but may be add value as a selling point, Free again, and the last guy asked if I wanted FREE Solar panels.. as the saying goes if it sounds too good to be true it usually is !!! Anyone any idea if this is gonna bite me on the bum or is legit thanx in advance

I had something similar, in that they offered to do some renovation work for free, but it seemed like the cost was built into future work that I may need doing.

Something along those lines anyway.

It gets paid for by the government and they get paid for the work.

DortmundDummy said:
Renovating a house in Droylsden and guy came up asking if I wanted FREE cavity wall insulation I said why not then three other guys turned up in seconds one to give a FREE energy efficiency inspection another asked if I wanted to have outside adaptor connection for EVs (electric vehicle) I said sure even tho hav,nt got EV but may be add value as a selling point, Free again, and the last guy asked if I wanted FREE Solar panels.. as the saying goes if it sounds too good to be true it usually is !!! Anyone any idea if this is gonna bite me on the bum or is legit thanx in advance

My first thought is - is this tying the property into some sort of contract, similar to what was on a recent thread about companies putting free solar panels on houses, which rendered them unattractive to mortgage lenders - thus rendering the house unsellable?

I would do a lot more research before letting these cold callers anywhere near my property mate.

Thanks for latest replies, agree about the Solar panels I was,nt really interested in them, I did ask how it was funded and as above reply says "its government funded" at least thats what they said ?

I have had free cavity wall insulation done, no catches.
There used to be a scheme that anyone could have it done, however properties with less than a 50mm wide cavity and houses on 3 storeys were designated 'hard to treat' and the companies refused to do them. Now they have invented different methods and products and 'hard to treat' properties can still be done so that you have the same opportunity as those people with properties that are not hard to treat.

Mine was done with a type of expanding foam, it was the first house to be done in the North West of England and I had 3 teams installing it and about 20 blokes turn up to watch. It was a right circus.
No adverts, the company is based in Dukinfield.
They also do solar PV but I don't know about this car charging lark.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.