What's the closest you have been to death?

About 8 years ago, driving to overnight near Heathrow prior to an early morning flight on hols. Got on to the M25 about 10pm, very apparent a few of the lorry drivers and car drivers were tired/distracted, as their driving was shite…..I was in the fast lane doing about 75, 3 year old son asleep in child seat in back, wife in passenger seat…..I noticed car in front of me course correct, once, twice….so I told the wife I reckoned he/she was either falling asleep or texting…..so I reduced speed and backed off….next thing the car in front jinked and the driver must have pulled on the steering wheel as it almost broad sided….then hit the central reservation, bounced off into the middle lane, hit another car that then hit a car in the slow lane…utter fucking chaos…..I saw this all in slow motion and somehow managed to pick a course through the destruction….pulled onto the hard shoulder and made sure one of the drivers was ok before fucking the fuck out of there……still don’t understand how we came out of that unscathed, wife said my reflexes and driving was unreal….boy was still sound asleep in the back…

About 8 years ago, driving to overnight near Heathrow prior to an early morning flight on hols. Got on to the M25 about 10pm, very apparent a few of the lorry drivers and car drivers were tired/distracted, as their driving was shite…..I was in the fast lane doing about 75, 3 year old son asleep in child seat in back, wife in passenger seat…..I noticed car in front of me course correct, once, twice….so I told the wife I reckoned he/she was either falling asleep or texting…..so I reduced speed and backed off….next thing the car in front jinked and the driver must have pulled on the steering wheel as it almost broad sided….then hit the central reservation, bounced off into the middle lane, hit another car that then hit a car in the slow lane…utter fucking chaos…..I saw this all in slow motion and somehow managed to pick a course through the destruction….pulled onto the hard shoulder and made sure one of the drivers was ok before fucking the fuck out of there……still don’t understand how we came out of that unscathed, wife said my reflexes and driving was unreal….boy was still sound asleep in the back…

Thankfully you and yours are OK mate.

Let's hope your heart continues to work as normal for a fair few years yet, sounds rough mate but sounds like it was worth it too.
Thnk you very much. It was a strange time but appears to be worth it now.
Left a few mental scars. Flash backs every now and again and I'm scared of the dark after it - proper panic in the dark now - bit yup. Worth it in long run

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.