What's the oldest city memorabilia you own?

About 800 programmes ranging from 1930s, solid coverage from 1964-87 bit of a gap then solid home coverage from 92-2006.

Couple of big Joes match worn tops from 1979 and 1981, and a loft full of old scarves, hats etc through about 7 decades and every replica home shirt for the last 20 years or so.

A shirt signed by the full squad from each of the last five years (birthday gift for each year sorted by one of our players) and a fair number of pins and badges.

Oh and one sock from the 86 replica kit

I would say the oldest stuff is a programmes though

Faded sky blue & white bar scarf knitted for me for the '55 Cup Final.

Rosette (!) from 1981 Wembley replay.

Dead grass still in a box from the Maine Rd pitch after the. Friday night Birmingham match when City thought they'd won promotion.

I have a sky blue and white rattle, double barrelled for extra noise and annoyance potential. And I realise today is 60 years since my first game - City 1 Cardiff 2, 7 October 1961.

It wasn't the oldest I had, a match ticket for the ECWC game versus SK LIERSE away in 1969 on the way to winning the Cup. Sold it on ebay for £280 so get searching your dad's/grandad's memorabilia.

Attachments

• 20210119_170306.jpg
    20210119_170306.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 21
I have a sky blue and white rattle, double barrelled for extra noise and annoyance potential. And I realise today is 60 years since my first game - City 1 Cardiff 2, 7 October 1961.
I also have one of those bought from xarmy and navy store back then,first game same season but later later April 62 v Birmingham 1-4,Pardoes debut.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.