What's the oldest city memorabilia you own?

I have an old framed Oxo advert from 1904 that states that the winners of the 'English Cup' trained on Oxo during the whole season. There is quote from a letter from manager and secretary Thos E Maley.

Its the only thing i have. FIl bought it in a junk shop some years ago.

still got my first city scarf bought in the sixties, not what you would call memorabilia but it means a lot to me and the grandsons the heir to the throne

George Hicks 1926 FA Cup Final match worn shirt....26th April 1926.......Just the 95 years old !! City adopted the darker blue, known as cornflower blue for the final. Unfortunately the shirts badge has been carefully removed at some stage. Outside left Hicks would play a staring role in City’s route to the Final, scoring six times but was unable to prevent the Blues going down 1-0 to Bolton at Wembley stadium.

3246CBF9-33A6-4AD4-B967-366A3EC3AB44.jpeg

As an 8 yr oId I dug a clod of turf out at St James Park in 1968. I replanted it in my Mums garden. It has now spread over the whole garden and can be seen from the Road just off Viccy ave Blackley.
A 48 yr old bit of turf.

Allegedly a piece of Maine Road turnstile with markings on it from WT Ellison.

I did ask Gary James about it on here and apparently those pieces could have been from a turnstile anywhere in those times. Theres no doubting the age and the makers mark but whether its from Blackpool funfair or a swimming baths, who knows?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.