What's the problem(s)?

We’ve become lazy.
We know longer press like we used to, pass and move like we used to.
We can no longer work hard for 90 minutes, seems the most we can manage is 20 minutes at the beginning of the game and a 10 minute spell at the end.
This team looks worlds apart from the one 18 months ago.
You don't work as hard as a team as you did in 2019. The defence takes all the flack on here but the truth is they are routinely badly exposed by midfielders and forwards that don't work as hard as they used too. I seen more instances of players throwing their hands in the air and complaining in one match tonight than you would see in a full season from a Klopp or Pochettino team in a ful season or from a Pep team anytime in the last 15 years. The reason for the decline is one of these things were you will never know the answer. Kompany going is obviously huge and I'd guess working for Pep everyday takes its toll.

Josep 'Pep' Guardiola Sala is the problem, first and foremost.

He's too stubborn and ignorant to address his own weaknesses and adapt. Keeps on doing the same thing over and over again because it's worked before, but when it doesn't work again, he's clueless.

I have a few ideas.

1. A lack of preseason/fitness
2. A inadequate replacement for Arteta
3. A lack of a striker,a hard man type.
4. A lack of leadership/characters/Fight
5. Squad disharmony

Am I wrong or being unfair? Is there another reason?

Whatever....something isn't clicking,and we need to find the answer otherwise top 4 will be a struggle.
1. Is definitely a problem. So is 3.

Thanks for the memories Pep,never,ever, to be forgotten.

This journey with him is now over.

Those that refuse to believe this,are simply in denial.

Pep,and Maureen, are yesterdays Men,Football is constantly evolving.

Roberto Mancini laid the foundations for all our recent success.

It appears Tixi has laid the foundations for us having an extended period challenging only for top 4,possibly top 6.I would sack him as soon as Pep leaves.Give me Bobby Manc any day to find players.

I think Pep knows he has seriously fucked up recruitment wise.Not replacing integral parts of the team.And Buying players not good enough.

Definitely recruiting the wrong type of players. The golden years when the likes of Zabba, Barry, Milner, deJong, Komps, Merlin, Yaya, Aguero, Dzeko, Bellamy arrived are long gone. Each one of them improved us but how do you improve on those players without going for the world’s best in each department? That isn’t going to happen nowadays

Too many excuses, not one has a preseason.

Like Keegan in 2003-05, if we don't go two up we get pegged back and draw or lose the majority of the time.

Back to the October 2016 form, time for new ideas and to move on.

Thanks for the memories Pep,never,ever, to be forgotten.

This journey with him is now over.

Those that refuse to believe this,are simply in denial.

Pep,and Maureen, are yesterdays Men,Football is constantly evolving.

Roberto Mancini laid the foundations for all our recent success.

It appears Tixi has laid the foundations for us having an extended period challenging only for top 4,possibly top 6.I would sack him as soon as Pep leaves.Give me Bobby Manc any day to find players.

I think Pep knows he has seriously fucked up recruitment wise.Not replacing integral parts of the team.And Buying players not good enough.
One of the most ridiculous things I've ever read but I will humour it.

Do you remember Bobby Mancs last 6 months or so? Absolute shambles. So he made some good signings but let's not forget the latter stages of his time here, it wasnt great and the football was dire.

Txiki laid the foundations for 2 record breaking seasons, severely unfair to say that senior management has planned for a top 4 or top 6 consolidation each season.

Buying players not good enough - let's again reiterate that he got a team with some of our old guard and some of his own to get 198 points in two seasons. ONE HUNDRED AND NINETY EIGHT. I would agree some haven't quite worked out but I would argue this is more to do with injuries and form rather than buying to fill the right gaps. Stones looked like a world beater until his hamstring went, Bernie has had flashes of being world class, Mendy was incredible at Monaco but his stock has dropped since his knees packed in, Gundo has done a job which I would hope the majority would agree he has done a decent job, Laporte is our best defender, Walker has been class, Sane, Mahrez, Ederson- the list goes on.

If you'll kick off and say Pep needs to go after we drop points or we just don't hit the right level then you should be looking at yourself and/or stop the drinking on a game day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.