What's the ratio of City to Utd in Manchester now?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Marvin, 28 Jul 2019.

1. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

I think there’s more united fans in Manchester, but more match going city fans.

Tbh most city and united fans it seems don’t come from Manchester itself, but the surrounding towns blue moon is a good example of that

2. Marvin

Marvin

Other way round though in Manchester. You're as likely to see a Liverpool shirt in Manchester as you are Man Utd.

mancityvstoke likes this.
  3. jayfx

jayfx

But they don't have a Manchester postcode where as Trafford does.

4. always thought it was a bit cringy manc dipper fans. I wonder if their are scouse scum fans wearing scum shirts in kirby?

5. Marvin

Marvin

The only way that can be true is if Utd fans aren't wearing their colours at the moment. That maybe partly true. I'd be embarrassed right now if I were them, and obviously City are proud to be Champions.

6. fallowfield

fallowfield

This is my take on it also.
    I'm in M19 now and have lived around sth Manchester on and off since mid 90's.
    To me, there are more reds than blues in all areas I've been, pubs busier when Utd are on etc.
    And although I can't prove it, I think that the fans we have in these areas are more likely to be match going fans than the reds.
    I don't know north Manchester well, nor Salford, but from mates I have in those areas they seem quite a bit more red than blue.

I work in town centre with around 300 mostly male employees. There are definitely more blue ST holders than reds, prob double the amount. But I'd guess more reds than blues overall. And that's especially true for lads in their mid 20's and 30's, hardly any blues in that age range. I'd guess that in 10 years time new employees in their 20's will be more evenly split blues/reds.

Dribble likes this.
  7. Marvin

Marvin

I agree about that. That's definitely a factor. If you're a City fan, it's once a blue always a blue. Utd have dipped and although it's down to 6th from 1st, not the 2nd or 3rd division, it must truly hurt to be laughed at by Bert. I'm not sure their fans are made of the same stuff as City. A lot of em, will just sack football off and find an excuse, "It's not the same game".

Go past schools though and it's a good guide. In my old Junior school it was wall to wall Utd. Now it's a sea of little Agueros. Definitely been a massive shift amongst the kids.

8. SatOnTheWall

SatOnTheWall

Lock my door, I only think in Blue and white
  9. Gorton_Tubster

Gorton_Tubster

50/50 imo

mancityvstoke likes this.
  10. its a Barm

its a Barm

No different to 10-15years ago, if your a blue your a blue of your a red nothing to be seen here move on.