what's wrong with me?

I'm 49 and I haven't enjoyed going to City nearly as much since Maine Rd closed. The new stadium has no character and no history. All the foreign players in the premiership make the competition more like a world league that just happens to be played in England rather than an English league.

I still haven't really got over the end of standing either.

I watch The Big Match Revisited on ITV4 where they show matches from 30 years ago. That type of ground and atmosphere was miles better.

Yeah I agree and I don't think it's just nostalgia the premier league is the big reason that footballs lost it's edge tv money etc has turned the game into an industry instead of a game

TINY said:
I personally think this is the City mentality. Some people would rather be supporting the Roslers, Goaters, Horlocks, Morrisons etc and be struggling against relegation or in Div 1 rather than doing what Liverpool, United or Chelsea do. We feel comfortable down there, we can claim we're a sleeping giant, we can claim we have the best fans in the world because, dispite being shit, we're still here. Rather than have fantastic players out our disposal and winning trophies etc. IMO I love the old days but I await the future with anticipation. I wouldnt have enjoyed the days I have, the playoff final, the 3-1 etc etc etc if I hadnt been thinking that one day we could be challenging. This is why football is here, to win things, to stand along side your mates looking at your team and winning something. I'm all for being in the stand no matter what, and football is all about supporting your team blah blah blah but for me, I want to win something, I want to be able to go about my business and know that City ARE the best team in the country.

That's a good post, mate.

Lots of City fans have been proud in recent years that we had massive away support and sang good songs.

Both of those things have gone, too.

Like you, I just want some success now

I am 43 and have been supporting City since 1977, the year after they last won something, so a real glory hunter. I have been hunting glory now for almost 32 years..

This season has been the most disapointing for a long time now. Having reached 9th last year with the most high profile Manager we have ever had and sacking him because he was not good enough I expected much more. There is just not enough passion from the team or the management, Pearce was hopless, but we all wanted him to come good. Sven had his failings, but really seemed to love our club and our fans, celebrating when we scored, showing anoyance when we conceded. KK was exciting in his aproach to the game and would walk the streets on a Sunday looking for someone in Manchester who did not have his autograph... Hughes and co just have not taken the spirit of City to heart, they don't show enough emption, news conferences are blande and they never go out of their way to meet the fans

I wil renew again next year, but am not excited about it

saw the glory days mate, i think we are going through a transistional period hoping for to much to soon,i am sure we will get it right, i was realy pissed after the pompey game but have a feeling about sunday,keep the faith i am sure you did when we were playing the likes of gillingham & co

I'am 50 now,and i have seen the glory days and they were so fucking good ! But i like other fans i'm still waiting at the bus stop for the glory bus to come back,maybe when a trophy does come along there will be 3 all at once ! Anyway hang on in there,belive me when it does come, by fuck lad your are going to enjoy it! ps,if it all becomes to much i have some razor blades you can hold on to.

think between all of us its covered wots wrong wiv us,changing chairmen changing grounds, changing managers, different players,an still pretty much the same season as all the others, i think we,ve had the spirit broken in us. nothing but false dawnings and promises for years.

I feel the same but am only 25 and have no idea why. I'm not sure if it's the players we have, the manager, the atmosphere, the fans or anything else. It's not that I want success, even in my relative small amount of years of supporting City, when compared to others, I have seen some shite and understand we are in a transitional period, but there is just something that is not exciting me.

Watching the game last night, I just did not feel the same passion as I used to, I would even go as far as to say I could not really give a shit about the result last night and when they scored just thought oh well.

There was a stage where I would watch any football that happened to be on, but I just can't be arsed with it at the minute.

I will definitely renew and would like to think I always will, but something about City and football as a whole is just not right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.