What's your favourite boozer and why?

fanatic1

Team supported
Manchester City
Mine is the Pioneer Inn at Goodsprings, Nevada about 35 miles from Las Vegas and 7 miles off the LA to Vegas freeway. It dates from 1913 and is only one of two still standing pressed corrugated iron bars. They were formerly sold by the Sears Roebuck catalogue who arranged shipping. The hamlet originally supplied water to Las Vegas (hence the name) and old machinery and dried up wells litter the area.

This western styled building, in the heart of desert country, has been used in several films including Dead Man with Johnny Depp, Randolph Scott and Michael Madsen. The bar was the centre of the search for a crashed airplane scene in 1942, carrying Carole Lombard famous film actress, journalists and army personnel, on a war bonds selling tour. They brought the bodies and personal effects down by mules. Lombard's husband Clark Gable drank there until the remains were confirmed. He was never really the same afterwards and volunteered for the US airforce as a bomber pilot achieving 30 missions over Germany. The museum in the back bar has original newspaper cuttings and other memorabilia.
There is a special micro brewed Blue Moon ale (very good), a decent menu/BBQ pit, and live music some nights.
The bar boasts its resident ghost which sometimes appears sitting in his favourite chair (especially after several Blue Moons). In life he was a drunk who allegedly accused a fellow card player of cheating. He drew first but was gunned down in self defence. The bullet holes are still there

Customers are an eclectic mix of locals, tourists and bikers.Well worth a visit if you're in the area.

The Cecil Hotel is an Art Deco hotel located on the south western corner of the intersection of Scarborough and Nerang Streets in Southport, Queensland, Australia. It has been recommended that it be added to the Queensland Heritage Register due to its rarity, high architectural value and contribution to the character of the street.
After over 100 years of operation, the Hotel Cecil, also referred to as the Cecil Hotel and B.DeMille's, is the oldest public house on the Gold Coast to maintain its original name throughout all its years of operation.

1690461112952.png

My current one is Ronnie Q bar in Bangsar, KL. Not the best but to me it is a place of retreat from the world. All sorts of people get in there. Usually a good place for a chat if you are alone.

The Albion (rip) 100m from the bar to my seat in the stadium. Sigh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.