What's your favourite boozer in town

sky tot said:
1-cask
2-fringe
3-odd
4 corbieres
5-the little boozer on portland st with memorabilia on the wall ?

The Circus....?

Mine:

Marble Arch (and there is a beer garden/yard at the back)

Angel

The City

Knott Bar

kippaxwarrior said:
Dr Mick said:
Just wondered if any fellow blues would like to recommend some decent pubs in Manchester. I'm getting a bit bored of drinking in the same old places in town all the time and wondered what people thought are the best pubs and bars so I can maybe try somewhere different.

Cask on Liverpool Rd,my local!
Great beers and the best juxebox in Manchester

It is indeed a cracking boozer,but the best jukebox in town simply has to be Corbieres.
City Arms keep their beer well.

The castle is good for beer and gigs

my favourite is the marble,closely followed by the smithfield and fringe bar

there's another 2 crackers nearby-the crown and kettle and i forrget the name of the other but it's just like the smithfield

For me it was Corbières for several years. About 15 years ago, after the bomb had caused damage to the Alliance & Leicester directly above, the lease was also up for renewal and then owner, Armando, didn't feel like renewing for various reasons. The record-playing jukebox of folklore was sold for about £300 ono (there was a sign on the door), and it was replaced by a bog-standard CD jukebox similar to those in many pubs when it reopened under new management.

Luckily, as one door shut, another one opened...

3918404785_df49509bbc.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.