What's your priority?

RP2 said:
charliebigspuds said:
Win the league.
we really don't want to finish 3rd in the Champs League and end up in the other one BTW.

I wouldn't mind going out of the champs league early this season as it'd help us in the league. Apparently I heard the other day that we are away after every champs league game before xmas with obviously the rags at home, deffo advantage them!

Correct, but the other way to look at it - we have a home game before every Champions League game - rags are away every time. Advantage us?

it seems that practically all the English clubs never play as well and have some dodgy results after they play in the Champs League, like a Champs League hangover, and most of the managers who have to play away in the league after these games always use it as an excuse. If what we hear is correct its a distinct disadvantage to be away in the league after each game, if you play at home it will generally be an easier game than away.

Consistency, growth and stability are far better than any quick fix trophy that comes as a result of neglecting other responsibilities. Grow from those foundations and we could win the lot

I don't really understand my thinking, but hope someone else may understand what I'm saying ...

I don't want to win the CL this year ! It scares me !

The CL is the ULTIMATE prize, and I'd be concerned that 'some' would see that as mission accomplished. I want to retain some hunger in the squad.

So for me, it's premier league, obviously finishing higher than United and one more final; CL, FA or Carling.

That would be a fantastic year, and still leave a hunger in everyone to do more the following season.

Impeccable One said:
I don't really understand my thinking, but hope someone else may understand what I'm saying ...

I don't want to win the CL this year ! It scares me !

The CL is the ULTIMATE prize, and I'd be concerned that 'some' would see that as mission accomplished. I want to retain some hunger in the squad.

So for me, it's premier league, obviously finishing higher than United and one more final; CL, FA or Carling.

That would be a fantastic year, and still leave a hunger in everyone to do more the following season.
And winning it would see even more top notch players wanting to join the revolution.

However, I've fantasised about winning the league for so long now that I havent even given much consideration to competing in the CL. Even this year it doesnt seem 'real' to me...guess thats all about to change :)

In short...Prem league first and give a decent account of ourselves in CL would be my priority this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.