what's your pro-Hughes rating?

100%

I don't see the point in getting rid of a manager that keeps improving and that is still very much on way to reaching the owners and most fans targets.

Results from last year compared to this year have all improved or been the same outcome:

Blackburn (A) - 2-2 / 0-2 = improved.
Portsmouth (A) - 0-2 / 1-0 = improved.
Arsenal (H) - 3-0 / 4-2 = same.
Scum (A) - 0-2 / 3-4 = same.
West Ham (H) 3-0 / 3-1 = same.
Villa (A) - 2-4 / 1-1 = improved.
Wigan (A) - 1-2 / 1-1 = improved.
Fulham (H) - 1-3 / 2-2 = improved.
Liverpool (A) - 1-1 / 2-2 = same.

Add to that, that we're in the quarter final of the Carling Cup, which we got knocked out of last year by Brighton in the second round and once again we have improved.

All the players he has brought in have improved us and the position they took over bar one, if you compare them to the players they replaced, we have improved yet again:

Tal Ben-Haim - shite = bad signing.
Vincent Kompany - better than Hamann = good signing.
Shaun Wright-Phillips - better than Ireland on right wing = good signing.
Glauber Berti - clearly wasn't a signing to improve us yet became a cult hero anyway = ok signing.
Pablo Zabaleta - better than Corluka = good signing.
Wayne Bridge - better than Garrido/Ball = good signing.
Craig Bellamy - better than Jo/Caicedo/Benjani = good signing.
Nigel de Jong - better than Fernandes = good signing.
Shay Given - better than Hart = good signing.
Gareth Barry - great player = good signing.
Roque Santa Cruz - target man we'll need in certain games = ok signing.
Stuart Taylor - Hart wasn't going to sit on the bench = ok signing.
Carlos Tevez - better than Jo/Caicedo/Benjani = good signing.
Emmanuel Adebayor - better than Jo/Caicedo/Benjani = good signing.
Kolo Toure - better than Dunne = good signing.
Sylvinho - better back-up than Garrido = good signing.
Joleon Lescott - same as Onuoha, still good defender though = ok signing.

Also he put Ireland in the attacking midfield role, which was like a new signing - better than Elano. And he has got rid of the trouble makers holding us back.

Add all that to the fact that changing managers every five minutes has never worked and it just seems pointless to get rid of a manager who's improving in everything he does and is well on track to reach the target set.

I think the money has gone to fans heads tbh and a few are expecting too much, too soon. We just have to be patient and it will come, to get rid of yet another manager now who's doing nout wrong would just be daft and then we'd all have to wait even longer as the new manager rebuilds his team and starts all over again. As one of the younger fans, I'm desperate for some silverware, but we just have to be patient and support the team and manager.

If we don't finish in the top 6, then I'd agree he'd have to go but we have to give him this season yet to see what he can do.

Rammy Blue said:
6.66%

only 1 player out of 16 has improved at City, Bellamy.

ok, lets extrapolate from that considered opinion......

we currently have 6.66% of required performance

we have 22pts

therefore we should have 330 pts

maybe my maths is wrong, but I've had a drink following a good result....... ho hum!

60-40. We're still tucked in behind leading pack and though, of course, results lately have been disappointing, if we hit a good run of form we can be right up there in the mix after xmas. Thoughts of Hiddink of Mourice are folly and to change things now anyhow would be detrimental fundamentally to the progress made so far. Top six finish. If not then, yeah, change. keep on keeping on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.