When did we last make a profit on a player?

Are we missing the point, here?

Buying clubs, with the exception of Arsenal, perhaps, don't usually make profits on players. They buy them at their peak, and if it works out, sell them when they are beyond their peak. Failing that, they buy a player, it doesn't work out, so they cut their losses.

When our status was different we flogged our best players to bigger clubs for good money e.g. SWP, Paul Stewart, Gary Flitcroft, Kinkladze etc.

Chelsea, Rags, Dippers could all offer long lists of players that they paid a lot for and it didn't work out. I think it is just part of being top of the pile, and I know where I'd rather be!

Did we make a loss on Elano?

I am surprised if so. He only cost us £8 million. Surely we should have made a small profit on that?

Bellamy has had his best season in years too. I can't believe we would be contemplating selling him to one of our main rivals for just £6 million. If true that would be seriously bad business.

BLOOMUEN said:
Are we missing the point, here?

Buying clubs, with the exception of Arsenal, perhaps, don't usually make profits on players. They buy them at their peak, and if it works out, sell them when they are beyond their peak. Failing that, they buy a player, it doesn't work out, so they cut their losses.

When our status was different we flogged our best players to bigger clubs for good money e.g. SWP, Paul Stewart, Gary Flitcroft, Kinkladze etc.

Chelsea, Rags, Dippers could all offer long lists of players that they paid a lot for and it didn't work out. I think it is just part of being top of the pile, and I know where I'd rather be!

See Porto lol.

There is a light said:

I am surprised if so. He only cost us £8 million. Surely we should have made a small profit on that?

Bellamy has had his best season in years too. I can't believe we would be contemplating selling him to one of our main rivals for just £6 million. If true that would be seriously bad business.

Think we sold Elano for between 5 and 6 million which makes me vomit
a little bit. He's worth double that IMO.

tommy caton, clive wilson, gary flitcroft, swp (all came through youth all genuine first team)

paul stewart, colin hendry, gio kinkladze, richard dunne (all bought and then sold for profit)

cant think of any more but there must be a few from the 60s and early 70s

bluejase said:
There is a light said:

That's disgracefull, he's worth £12 to £15 mill!

Maybe more as he gets in the Brazil midfield!

keemcfc said:
bluejase said:
That's disgracefull, he's worth £12 to £15 mill!

Maybe more as he gets in the Brazil midfield!
to be fair i think it was just take what was on offer to get him out of the club.

elano and anelka were sold to cheaply in my opinion!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.