When Is The Club Going To Stop Selling Tickets In The Home End To Away Fans?

I was also in that cantilever stand that day. The end block nearest the Leppings Lane end was about 30-40% City fans.
Results elsewhere meant the Blades went down so Wednesday fans were in great spirits after the game.
That's the 1, I phoned wednesday up that morning and was told it wasn't all ticket so me and mate went but got to ground about 1 45 and was told it was all ticket so got tickets in cantilever stand, asked a stewards why it turned into all ticket and he said loads of city fans had been buying tickets if I remember city had to get a point, but everton would of gone down if they drew or lost against Wimbledon which they was losing 2 o

I cannot complain about city selling tickets to away fans. I am off to St James Park on Saturday in the home end. About 10 years ago I purchased a ticket from their ticket office for a city game. Every newcastle home game I now get an email offering me tickets. Usually 5 days before the game. Strange, considering geordies will tell you it's nigh on impossible to get in.

I was also in that cantilever stand that day. The end block nearest the Leppings Lane end was about 30-40% City fans.
Results elsewhere meant the Blades went down so Wednesday fans were in great spirits after the game.
I was there too that day a 1-1 draw ,it was the last game of 1993/94 season. Uwe Rosler scored our goal.

I was there too that day a 1-1 draw ,it was the last game of 1993/94 season. Uwe Rosler scored our goal.
Rosler had very quickly become a fans favourite. The Go West/Uwe Rosler song got plenty of renditions that day. Remember getting train back from Sheffield as lots of unhappy Blades were returning to Sheffield after being relegated

Yes I was there the game ended 1 v 1 but I can’t remember who scored our goal. I think we went a goal down and if my memory hasn’t completely deserted me I recall no turnstiles just stairs up to entering the stadium. We we’re very well treated by the twente fans
Vaguely remember being stood on a bridge walkway outside the ground above where the team coach arrived. The players seemed astonished by the size of the City following.

it's all about personal preferences really. I never go in the away end - thankfully almost always have enough points for away (though out of principle, home and away for almost 40 years - and refuse to step within a mile of Old Trafford). I go to football to shout and sing for City - if I want to just watch the game, I might as well watch it on Telly.

I fucking hate away fans anywhere near me at the Etihad (and if seen, will ask for them to be ejected). My football is tribal (without being idiotically violent) and I want to sit and stand with my tribe. It's why I love away games with small allocations - Luton last year was fantastic.

Don't start me on tourists, or the Tunnel Club (which I have been forced to suffer a few times). And our own tourists at every London away game just makes me physically ill.

Yes - I am a FOC, and proud of that too - and kind of looking forward to being back in the Championship or wherever the wankers at the FA decide to send us - which will mean these plastics, tourists and away fans in our home end - can go back to the Tarquins or Scousers - as I am not sure that Chesterfield at the Etihad will sell out their away allocation!

I cannot complain about city selling tickets to away fans. I am off to St James Park on Saturday in the home end. About 10 years ago I purchased a ticket from their ticket office for a city game. Every newcastle home game I now get an email offering me tickets. Usually 5 days before the game. Strange, considering geordies will tell you it's nigh on impossible to get in.
I almost did the same ...... all tickets are sold out at city for our end at St james park, and i was trawling the Internet football ticket sites for one ..... the cheapest for the city end that i spotted was about £97, but the ones avaialable in the Newcastle sections were cheaper .... i was very tempted to take a chance and go in there.

Done it a several grounds when we were down the leagues, came unstuck at Barnsley of all places when 3 lads followed me to the toilets and gave me a good pummeling
IMG_6801.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.