When Is The Club Going To Stop Selling Tickets In The Home End To Away Fans?

When Hamburg equalised in 2009 a City fan sneered over the segregation barrier
"WHY AREN'T YOU SMILING YOU NAZI PIG?

When I replied that Whaley Bridge had never been part of the Third Reich he spent the next half hour trying to apologise, which on reflection,. didn't really make it right.

You never hear much about the first and second reich do you?

Every fucker is always obsessed with the third one for some reason.

I’ve no idea how away fans are getting their hands on tickets in the home end but they definetely are.

They are sitting amongst City fans for both Premier League and Champions League games.

Tonight’s crowd was different to those games. It was nowhere near sold out and I don’t think you will have found one away supporter in the home end.

To be honest a Carabou cup game against a mid-table championship club like Watford is never really going to sell out, at any ground, and especially with a number of first team players being missing, it's hardly a major attraction ..... City are just EXPECTED to produce a winning result, no matter which players are chosen for the game.

Emailed city about this today and typically they passed the book.

Fan Support (Man City)

24 Sept 2024, 09:21 BST

Good morning,

The problem with away fans in home areas isn't a Club specific issue. Unfortunately, supporters who are permitted to purchase home tickets sell them on. This can result in away supporters being in possession of tickets for home areas.

The ticket Terms and Conditions are clear, in that no away fan is allowed to utilise a home match ticket. Stewards actively engage and eject those supporters who contravene this, and we look to take further action against those ticket holders when they are identified.

If you see away supporters during the game in home areas, please make a member of staff aware. If you are unable to do this, then you can reach out after the game via this email or touting@mancity.com.

Kind regards,

Ticket Compliance Manager
Manchester City
The club are spot on in their response to you mate

The club, all clubs, are trying to head towards some sort of bright new futurew of ticket sales where the trouble makers, the undesirables, are priced out of football leaving it to just those with money. There's no agro, more sales, less crowd management, more souvenirs and food sold, a better class of fan. They want it to be like watching tennis or going to the cinema.

Had a great trip to FC Twente in 1976 i think it was in the UEFA cup. Combined it with a couple of nights in Amsterdam a combination of Heineken and space cake make my memories of the trip very vague. Was 20 then 68 now where the f**k did the years go. Remember loads of City made the trip, euro trips rare in those days.
Yes I was there the game ended 1 v 1 but I can’t remember who scored our goal. I think we went a goal down and if my memory hasn’t completely deserted me I recall no turnstiles just stairs up to entering the stadium. We we’re very well treated by the twente fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.