When is the financial report out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a quick look at figures for year up to summer 2018 and note dippers match day revenue is 81m whereas ours is only 57m. Why the huge gap ?
Simple , They have fewer season tickets as posted so sell more match day tickets at top dollar, also that dreadfull new stand which was built was a con to their fans as it was supposed to be for cheaper price seats when if fact the whole second and third tier was made cooperate, their own fans forum even suggested boycotting matches in protest. Their dearest seats are nearly twice as expensive as ours, so much for being a club for the fans !

Not sure how true it is but read somewhere that they only have around 25k season ticket holders meaning they can sell far more match day tickets at inflated prices when compared to a season ticket holder. For example my season card works out at about £50 a match yet a ticket against Wolves would have cost over £60 in my block if purchased by a day tripper.

And City's season ticket prices are around 50% less than Liverpool's season ticket prices. For example, the cheapest season-ticket on the Kop is £685.

I checked their match-day ticket prices and they are very similar to City.

Simple , They have fewer season tickets as posted so sell more match day tickets at top dollar, also that dreadfull new stand which was built was a con to their fans as it was supposed to be for cheaper price seats when if fact the whole second and third tier was made cooperate, their own fans forum even suggested boycotting matches in protest. Their dearest seats are nearly twice as expensive as ours, so much for being a club for the fans !
Have you checked their match-day pricing against ours, and their season ticket prices?

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/match-day-premier-league-prices

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/season-ticket-prices

Clearly the difference is the price of season tickets.

Have you checked their match-day pricing against ours, and their season ticket prices?

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/match-day-premier-league-prices

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/season-ticket-prices

Clearly the difference is the price of season tickets.
Except that their prices are fixed regardless of who they play as pointed out in an earlier post whereas ours vary with much lower prices against lower opposition. But you carry on defending the dippers lad.

Not sure how true it is but read somewhere that they only have around 25k season ticket holders meaning they can sell far more match day tickets at inflated prices when compared to a season ticket holder. For example my season card works out at about £50 a match yet a ticket against Wolves would have cost over £60 in my block if purchased by a day tripper.
You £950 season card seat is only sold at £60 per one off game to non season card holders?

I always thought the single game mark up was much higher.

That suggests that the dipper hierarchy are liars and hypocrites - can't be right surely ?

You £950 season card seat is only sold at £60 per one off game to non season card holders?

I was shocked by that as well as the £30 a game or less season card areas are sold at £50 upwards for single games.

Except that their prices are fixed regardless of who they play as pointed out in an earlier post whereas ours vary with much lower prices against lower opposition. But you carry on defending the dippers lad.
I've done a quick calculation & I reckon that Liverpool earn around £22m from their seasoncards per season plus another £20m from general admission matchday sales. That's based on 25k seasoncards and 20k matchday general admission seats. Our 40k seasoncards probably pull in about the same as their 25k (maybe a bit less) but we'll only get about £7.5k from matchday general admission sales. That's based on (a) fewer matchday seats and (b) about £100 per seat lower revenue at the Etihad for an equivalent seat.

So that's up to £15m extra for Liverpool just on PL games alone.

Their European & domestic cup tickets are full price (i.e. pretty much identical to the PL prices) for PL opposition and slightly less for lower division opponents, dependng on the division. Whereas ours usually a lot lower. If they were playing Southampton in the League Cup, an equivalent seat to mine in 109 would be £53 at Anfield whereas we're charging £15, less than a third of that. Also their Over-65 prices are higher than ours as we charge half-price for Senior Citizens whereas they charge 75% of the Adult price.

I was shocked by that as well as the £30 a game or less season card areas are sold at £50 upwards for single games.
Not always, paid £27 for Southampton league game with my £5 Cityzen discount, my 18 year old son was £21, paid £53 for Spurs and last game of the season.

I was using Wolves as an example. I suspect games against category teams are a lot higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.