When we were crap....your favourite matches

2-0 down at half-time against Coventry at Highfield Road.

Pissed wet through with my mates sitting along the side terrace - Fitzroy Simpson turns into Baggio and we win 3-2 - glorious.

I also enjoyed a late win at home to Oxford when Stevie Redmond scored last minute to nick it 2-1.

There was another late winning goal when Uwe scored in front of the North Stand against Sheff Weds.

Much earlier, Trevor Francis lobbing in from 20 yards in the dying seconds to beat Wolves over Xmas and us going top of the league - what a fucking roar and state of pandemonium that was for a seven-year-old.

Spurs 3 City 1, August 1990 is a memorable match for me.
I was 16 and had to be in Main stand as my sister’s boyfriend was spurs fan. Knowing I was a City fan he invited me to watch the match with him (probably to impress my sister). It was post Italia 90 and I was quite excited to see Gazza and Lineker playing. It it was a miserable day for City fans as we lost. I emended it being a very hot and sunny day with both Gazza and Lineker scoring!

I have a claim to fame for that game. I was standing right at the front of our terrace and found myself just staring at Gazza at a corner kick. He was on the front post, a couple of yards away from me and winked directly at me.

I was 16 and you have to remember Gazza that summer was the biggest name in football.

2-0 down at half-time against Coventry at Highfield Road.

Pissed wet through with my mates sitting along the side terrace - Fitzroy Simpson turns into Baggio and we win 3-2 - glorious.

I also enjoyed a late win at home to Oxford when Stevie Redmond scored last minute to nick it 2-1.

There was another late winning goal when Uwe scored in front of the North Stand against Sheff Weds.

Much earlier, Trevor Francis lobbing in from 20 yards in the dying seconds to beat Wolves over Xmas and us going top of the league - what a fucking roar and state of pandemonium that was for a seven-year-old.
Re that Coventry game it was pissing down & West Midlands plod had a bad name....Mrs Moon let out a volley of swearing & abuse at 0-2 right in front of the cops we were stood IIRC at the front of the second part of the stand just above a walkway, don't think they could be arsed fighting through the crowd to get at her.

Re that Coventry game it was pissing down & West Midlands plod had a bad name....Mrs Moon let out a volley of swearing & abuse at 0-2 right in front of the cops we were stood IIRC at the front of the second part of the stand just above a walkway, don't think they could be arsed fighting through the crowd to get at her.

Their police were the absolute worst - zero tolerance for bad language. I remember the opening day game at Highfield Road when we took it over and Quinn scored in a 1-0 win - Curle and Phelan debuts.

City fans started swearing to take the piss and they must have thrown out round 500 blues in total.

Their police were the absolute worst - zero tolerance for bad language. I remember the opening day game at Highfield Road when we took it over and Quinn scored in a 1-0 win - Curle and Phelan debuts.

City fans started swearing to take the piss and they must have thrown out round 500 blues in total.

Same thing happened at West Brom, must have been about 87/88, when Alcock scored for us in a 1-1 draw. There were snatch squads of Plod in and out of the City end non-stop from start to finish, chucking people out for pointing, singing, shouting at the ref, literally anything. Just like at Coventry, they must have ejected 500 or more Blues. It was just outrageous. Twats

Probably not the actual match but at Swindon in the late 90's I think we had 3 parts of the ground, totally mad considering the distance and how shite we were

I was one of them...

Probably not the actual match but at Swindon in the late 90's I think we had 3 parts of the ground, totally mad considering the distance and how shite we were

Didn't we win 3-1 there that day? Easter weekend? I was there too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.