When we were crap....your favourite matches

A really random one that has always stuck in my mind as it was the last game my farther saw for a while before his bypass operation .

City 2 Shrewsbury 2

Although the short clips doesn't show it I remember the keeper having a Joe Hart v Dortmund game for them I think he was called Green and ended up playing for our reserves at some stage.

I don't think this game was ever on the season review video narrated by Brian Clarke that i wore out watching over & over as a kid.

How good was Hinchcliffe's left foot (he was only 19 when this game was played)

The average age of the team that day was 22. See https://www.statcity.co.uk/Match/3851/Shrewsbury-Town-17-12-1988

Reactions: SJC
How about City v Middlesbrough when Fowler missed that Penalty

David James Galloping out of control in Attack too

Blimey,that was Surreal

How about City v Middlesbrough when Fowler missed that Penalty

David James Galloping out of control in Attack too

Blimey,that was Surreal
The morning of that sunday game me and my wife (now ex) were in hospital awaiting the birth of our 1st child. She was very late by over a week so she had to be induced and on knowing she was in safe hands and that the baby's arrival wasn't imminent I did what any like minded individual would...… .
and scarpered off to the match, so arriving at the Etihad (the scene of our wedding ceremony 11 months previously) I witnessed the heartbreaking 90 mins and then rushed back to Stepping Hill Hospital,my upset only subsided when at 10-44pm that night our boy was born! wasn't too happy with the midwife's quip "I guess you wont be calling him Robbie then?

I don't think this game was ever on the season review video narrated by Brian Clarke that i wore out watching over & over as a kid.

How good was Hinchcliffe's left foot (he was only 19 when this game was played)

The average age of the team that day was 22. See https://www.statcity.co.uk/Match/3851/Shrewsbury-Town-17-12-1988

We were really good with corners that season, Hinchcliffe from one side and David White from the other side, seem to recollect that we scored one or two others directly that way.

Ipswich 1-4 City fa cup 2002. Ipswich were a decent PL team at that stage and we were in the early days of Keegan but that was the first real match that I thought, we've a chance of becoming a PL team, an established one, again. Berkovic scored an absolute screamer as well

Anyone that’s doubt Kinky’s ability should watch this.....

Biggest compliment is that he wouldn’t look out of place in a Pep team.

Absolute class.
Class free kick and great talent, gave us some bright moments in the darkest times but ultimately it didn't achieve anything, 2 relegations in 3 years when he was the main man. But very inconsistent and tbh, if you look back he was incredibly lazy which is why Joe Royle wanted rid of him. When you look at Peps teams, I would argue he would look completely out of place. Doesn't track, doesn't tackle, doesn't really like to pass and wasn't a team man.

Don't get me wrong, he was incredibly talented but I think the mazy runs and a few worldie goals in what was the worst period in the club's history has rose-tinted the memories.

Just my opinion

Spurs 3 City 1, August 1990 is a memorable match for me.
I was 16 and had to be in Main stand as my sister’s boyfriend was spurs fan. Knowing I was a City fan he invited me to watch the match with him (probably to impress my sister). It was post Italia 90 and I was quite excited to see Gazza and Lineker playing. It it was a miserable day for City fans as we lost. I emended it being a very hot and sunny day with both Gazza and Lineker scoring!

Spurs 3 City 1, August 1990 is a memorable match for me.
I was 16 and had to be in Main stand as my sister’s boyfriend was spurs fan. Knowing I was a City fan he invited me to watch the match with him (probably to impress my sister). It was post Italia 90 and I was quite excited to see Gazza and Lineker playing. It it was a miserable day for City fans as we lost. I emended it being a very hot and sunny day with both Gazza and Lineker scoring!
Couldn't believe how many in our end were clapping Linaker & Gascoigne when they came onto the pitch.

Never been a supporter of international football as such, always watched it as a neutral but I was really surprised at the media infused love in around me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.