When / why did you become a City fan?

My first game was in 1986 for my 12th birthday present, but I'm guessing I was a blue for longer than that due to my dad and grandad being blues.

Plenty of blues on here have been around decades longer than me. I really wished I'd seen the bell lee summerbee era, seen a few grainy black and white footage and that's about it.

I know a lot will be decades before me,
a lot will be a few years after me,
but we all love City
and we had to start somewhere.

For me I was on holiday in July 2011 (shortly before the start of the season) and I saw this on PL's greatest goals..

My jaw was on the floor. I'd never seen someone make the defense utterly stupid with magic in his boots. El Mago indeed!

So where did your love affair with City start?

That's a nice way too start following a club :-)
How old was you back then?

I find some new fans stories interesting. Some I've spoken too say it all started after the semi final win v the rags, some have said after we signed aguero. I definitely think a lot of new fans started following us due to a certain player, and let's be honest, we've been spoilt this last decade. And now Haaland is here, how many kids will now be blues!!??

That's a nice way too start following a club :-)
How old was you back then?

I find some new fans stories interesting. Some I've spoken too say it all started after the semi final win v the rags, some have said after we signed aguero. I definitely think a lot of new fans started following us due to a certain player, and let's be honest, we've been spoilt this last decade. And now Haaland is here, how many kids will now be blues!!??

Was entering my 30's back then.

I'm no glory chaser.. was never gonna be a rag, dipper, gooner but even I could see with the new owners.. we'd have a good future.

This good a future? I'd have never dreamed!

We are living in a time of Kompany, David Silva, Aguero, Kevin De Bruyne, Pep Guardiola and Erling Haaland!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.