when will roberto ditch the scarf?

bluevengence

he has a point......

I spent the weekend just gone sat on the grass with jeans rolled up exposing my Daz bright white legs, chatting amongst friends in the park until the last rays from the sun succumb to the dark of the evening. Summer is here.

After months of gloomy and wet weather, the frost has lifted from the ground and the sun has got his hat on.

The park is filled with people of all ages stripped off, as if they’re lazing around on the Copa Cabana, excited by the prospect of catching a few rays, but it seems Man City manager Roberto Mancini didn’t get this memo.

The Italian is perhaps used to the warmer climate of Italy where the heat from the middle of the day supposedly forces you to take a nap to avoid the powerful rays of the sun.

However, it is surely warmer enough now to ditch his trademark winter scarf in favour of a lighter and more summery accessory.

With temperatures at the weekend topping 20°c (warm at this time of year for England) the travelling City support needed no invitation to discard their shirts in favour of skins, but Mancini was insistent on getting a sweaty neck.

A blue and white handkerchief poking out his jacket pocket would perhaps be more appropriate and would certainly add to his already suave and dapper appearance, but he remains resolute in his fashion decision.

Used to temperatures in excess of 20°c, Mancini is perhaps holding out for warmer days before he retires the scarf until next season, but unfortunately Roberto it doesn’t get much better than this.

Perhaps though this is more than a climate issue, as he attempts to stamp his off the pitch style on the Premier League, in the mould of Mourinho or Tony Pulis with his distinctive Chorley FM cap.

If this is case, then he has certainly done so and made a decent bundle for the City gift shop, but surely style has to take into account the weather and despite his snappy dress sense and perfectly coiffed hair, I’m sorry to say it Roberto but you are in danger of looking like a prat wearing a scarf in summertime.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.threematchban.com/Articles/when-will-mancini-ditch-the-scarf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.threematchban.com/Articles/w ... -the-scarf</a>

why did he look like a dick??? like some pleb commentators think and some on here obviously, i dont think he is wearing it to keep warm... He is just wearing it like a fan will wear a city scarf to a game. to show his colours.

pee dubya said:
Pretty sure he said he'd wear it all the time.

Does anyone really care?

I couldn't care if he turned up dressed as Spiderman as long as he does his job well.

Does it really matter what someone wear's?

Every year i go to Leeds Festival i wear a wooly hat, no matter what the temperature is. Does that make me a dick?

Its a non story that the press are trying to use for us fans to get on Mancini's back, they know that its the only way we'll follow the press's crusade to disrupt our final run in.

Dont give into it. Bobby can dress anyway he likes.

Captain Oats said:
why did he look like a dick??? like some pleb commentators think and some on here obviously, i dont think he is wearing it to keep warm... He is just wearing it like a fan will wear a city scarf to a game. to show his colours.

Wear a tie like Hughes did. It was obviously rather warm and it was half on half off, it looked stupid

His was planning to throw it to the crowd in celebration of a goal during the last two games, unfortunately for him we haven't scored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.