When will the poznan return?

It was ok, but I never really embraced it as we didn't invent it.

Great at the time but like the inflatables has had it's day.

It's 'coolness' was ripped away by the club with all the promo stuff they did.

Gone but not forgotten, the semi in particular was fantastic.

The Europa league brings a lot more quirky funny moments than the bore fest of the champions league. The visit of Lech Poznan and their fans doing the poznan with their tops off in artic conditions, and who could forget Alan or Blues hiring a trawler to get to the Faroe Islands?

Also who remembers singing ‘You’re not incredible’ to Hulk v Porto. Magical times, beats playing Shaktar every Autumn and booing the champions league anthem.

Yes, it was shit

Seeing 50,000 City fans doing the Poznan at the Etihad really was embarrassing.

And being part of 35,000 City fans doing the Poznan when the United team was being announced at the FA Cup Final at Wembley was a low point of my and our support.

All.in all, it's a period of our support of City we should forget about.

But.......

In reality it was f***ing brilliant. Opposing fans just stood and looked on in awe. It killed United fans at Wembley. And it did the same at Old Trafford and at other grounds around the country.

No, it wasn't originally ours, but we made it ours in England. It was associated with City and City fans. It set us apart. And I for 1 f***ing loved it!

But we killed it by doing it everytime we scored a goal. And we were scoring, 2, 3, 4, 5 goals per game. People eventually got bored of doing it.

But mark my words. If and when the NS is expanded, and 1894 get a block in the lower tier, the Poznan will be brought back by 1894, and it will catch on again. But it won't be flogged to death this time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.