Where are we all from ?

BlakeTheBlue said:
For the first 14 years of my life i lived in Miles Platting on Hulme Hall Lane. The same Lane the COMS is on (Well it turns into Alan Turin Way but its the same lane). I used to play in Phillips parkas a lad. Aahhh those where the days.

Now i live in New Moston. Way to many Rags for my likeing but a good few blues to give em hell.

2qwotu9.jpg

Home Sweet Home!

fbhkde.jpg

Look at the 4th car back (the White one). My front door was to the right of that where the fence is. We where poor as fuck but very happy.

I only lived a few hundred yards from you Blake ...... i lived opposite Phillips park , just off Mill Street , and was always playing in it as a kid too ......... i lived there during the sixties , i left there about 1970(ish) .... what period were you there?

black mamba said:
BlakeTheBlue said:
For the first 14 years of my life i lived in Miles Platting on Hulme Hall Lane. The same Lane the COMS is on (Well it turns into Alan Turin Way but its the same lane). I used to play in Phillips parkas a lad. Aahhh those where the days.

Now i live in New Moston. Way to many Rags for my likeing but a good few blues to give em hell.

2qwotu9.jpg

Home Sweet Home!

fbhkde.jpg

Look at the 4th car back (the White one). My front door was to the right of that where the fence is. We where poor as fuck but very happy.

I only lived a few hundred yards from you Blake ...... i lived opposite Phillips park , just off Mill Street , and was always playing in it as a kid too ......... i lived there during the sixties , i left there about 1970(ish) .... what period were you there?

Nice one Mamba. I was a bit later than you. Between 1980 and 1993. The area was called tripe colony. My doctors is still the Mill street surgery. Have been with them all my life :-)

I take it you mean the one near Gray mare Lane market?

BlakeTheBlue said:
black mamba said:

Nice one Mamba. I was a bit later than you. Between 1980 and 1993. The area was called tripe colony. My doctors is still the Mill street surgery. Have been with them all my life :-)

I take it you mean the one near Gray mare Lane market?

Mill Street originally stretched from the Ashton Old Road area all the way down to near the gasometer just past COMS , where it merged with Forge Lane , which ran parallel to it ....... you can still see the bit of Mill Street that's survived near to the Bradford pub/sports bar , close to the market.

Both the main part of Mill Street , and Forge Lane were demolished to eventually make way for Alan Turing Way ...... which was why we had to move.

My street was sited right in the middle of the two roads , and would probably have been sited where the East Stand car park now stands at COMS.

The area was far different back then to what it is now though and was full of terraced houses , and alleyways ....... and Hulme Hall Lane had quite a number of shops along it in those days , in the area where you eventually lived ....... it also had the Playhouse cinema at it's junction with Oldham Road.

David Threllfall (Frank) , from Shameless , lived in my street in a corner shop for a few years until his family moved to Burnage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.