Where Did You Bump Into a Footballing or Other Celebrity?

used to live in a real hotspot for arty celebs, only footballer was martin keown looking super-shifty whilst buying fruit in m&s.

used to see thom yorke pick his kids up from school all the time. first time must have looked the wrong way at him or sommat, he looked at me like he'd seen a ghost.. anyway had a brief chat with him about music piracy and german electro.

the funny one from mighty boosh not far from there, drinking coffee on the next table to me. eavesdropped mercilessly on their plans for a film, and who is a twat at the beeb. he had nice jeans, shamefully i copied him and wore turn-ups all that summer :/

apart from those days, the highlight was probably nicholas parsons on a charter flight. nice.

Saw George Weah looking at beds in John Lewis just after he'd signed for us.

Was sat behind Badly Drawn Boy for the Birmingham a few weeks ago. Have seen the guys from Doves at the match a couple of times too.

Not football related but I quite often see Guy Garvey from Elbow drinking in Temple on Oxford Rd or eating in Cornerhouse.

Met gazza at a westlife concert. he was my hero till that night, sadly after seeing him a drunken mess i quickly went off him. :O(

In 1970 me and a mate were sharing a bungalow in the Lakes. We needed to find somewhere else to live because the winter let lease was about to run out, so we decided to give Manchester a go and hitchhiked the 70 odd miles. We had bedrolls with us in case we couldn't find anywhere to rent for that night.
We sorted out a flat in Fallowfield but couldn't move in until the following day, so we decided to have a wander down Oxford Road, have a few beers and then find a nice quiet park to get our heads down. Anyway, we were walking past the Students Union and noticed that Traffic were playing there, so we persuaded a couple of students to sign us in.
I was at the bar while my mate went for a piss and got nattering to a bloke who's face looked vaguely familiar. Anyway, I told him the story about us hitching from the Lakes to come to Manchester and he seemed quite impressed and bought us both a pint, then wandered off saying 'all the best lads'.
When the band came on, it dawned on me that the bloke at the bar was Steve Winwood and half way through their set he said over the mike that he wanted to dedicate the next song to a couple of guys he's just met who had hitched a fair way to see the band, they then played 'Every Mother's Son'. To this day that is my favourite song of all time. It was a great day all round that.

jo era al centre Arndale el 2004 de tota manera jo moria per una explosió merda que en els lavabos i endevinin qui era al cubicle amb una merda ........... Holmes Eamonn

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.