Where Did You Bump Into a Footballing or Other Celebrity?

I was walking out of birdcage in 2008 and Elano and Kompany came out behind me together.

Noel Gallagher sat right next to me at Watford away in 2007, on the day of my 20th birthday, great present to meet my idol.

Met coleen mcloughlin at the Razorlight gig in Manchester in 2007, she was walking in behind me past maccies near the box office with about 8 girls, then after the gig i saw her again, she was walking down the steps infront of me inside the station, had a picture with her and a quick chat before she jumped into this huge hummer with these girls, she's a stunner.

Sat with Michelle Marsh for about 2 hours for the second invite only grand opening of Teasers in town in 2006, i used to love her back then, was brilliant, really nice girl she is.

When I was a lot younger me and our kid would haunt Mike Doyles garage in Bardsley,we got into our heads that rest of the team would be in out of there servicing their cars, filling up etc.Never saw anyone there apart from Doyley and his father in law,but they were always sound and would always stop for a chat.
Met Mark Brennan in the Coogee Bay Hotel in Sydney,he was genuinely suprised when we recognised him and even bought us a beer,top bloke.
When Adrian Morely was playing league out here,had a bit to do with him,and he may have a reputation as a nutter on the pitch,but off it quiet and very laid back.
Ellery Hanley met him in the early hours in Sydney once,nice bloke but gash hound par excellence.

David White and his family were on the same flight as us to Orlando a few years back.

Steven McManaman sat at a bar in posh harbour in Majorca couple of years ago. I always said if I saw him I would go and tell him how crap he was for us. Bottled it and never said a word. A good thing seeing it was a posh place and Iwould have looked an idiot.

Billy McNeil sat across from us in a bar in Tenerife. Another one I was going to say something to after he walked out on us for Villa. Was sat with a Celtic fan and he went over and sucked up to him. I stayed put.

Ricky Gervais the other week at an office block in Salford Quays where XFM are.

Sebastian Coe on the tube in London.

The main two blokes out of Orchestral Manouvres In the Dark in the gents in Saturdays. Walked up to the only free urinal and these two blokes either side of me talking about some birds they were planning to pull. Walked out behind them and my Mrs waiting outside pointed out who they were. All I can say is they are not as big as they look on the telly !! If you know what I mean :-)<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:15 am --<br /><br />Oh and forgot this one:-

Went to a Rod Stewart gig at Maine Road and stood up in the Main stand near players tunnel. I had a pair of binnoculars and thus guy who'd come up at the side of me asked if he could borrow them to have a look. Passed them to him and saw it was Andy Dibble.

I've had dinner with Robert DeNiro (nope, not our DeNiro, the more famous one).
I used to do a lot of film and television extra work and I was in a lot of the crowd scenes in Kenneth Brannagh's 'Frankenstein'. DeNiro played the monster. This was at Shepperton studios a good few years back now. He joined all of us in the canteen for dinner and sat two seats away from me. He was a really nice, down to earth bloke: friendly and ready to chat with whoever was about. Defnitely no Hollywood-style airs and graces from him.

Also worked on 'Allo Allo' a fair bit and got to mix with the regulars on there (Gorden Kaye etc). Kenneth Connor was also in the series and he was a fascinating gentlemen. Told us all about his days on the 'Carry On' films, about Charlie Hawtrey's alcoholism, Joan Sims' crippling shyness, Sid James' betting habits and the less said about Kenneth Williams the better.

Did The Bill a few times in Wimbledon (Merton Park, where it used to be filmed) and got to know a few of them, too. Eric Richard (Sgt Cryer), Jeff Stewart (Reg Hollis) and Trudie Goodwin (June Ackland), all really nice people.

I was sat outside a pub in Milton keynes when i saw Andy Dibble sat about fifty feet away,i kept looking over because i wasnt sure if it was him,this went on for about ten minutes to the point were he was just glaring at me,anyway i thought i would go over and say hello at which point he stood up when i was getting closer ready to square up to.or should i say down to me,he is a big fucker,anyway as soon as i said sorry Andy but im a city fan he was nice as you like offered to to buy me drink and told me he had all the time in world for city fans and that he had a great time at the club.

I bumped into Nelson Mandela in Leeds, he was opening the new hospital a few years back and I happened to find myself just where his limo pulled up and got to shake hands with him and have a chat.

Starting when I was a kid, Paul Lake drove past me once when I was walking to school. Also passed posh spice driving near John Lewis at Cheadle a few years back waiting to come out of the David Lewis Centre at the roundabout - didn't let her out.

Saw Kinky playing pool at the Nags Head in Manchester one night. Completely star-struck, totally blanked the other 7/8 guys playing pool with him, all city players. Sorry guys, still feel bad about that one now.

Used to see quite a few of the city guys, Weaver, Brown and Whitley mainly, in and around Wilmslow and Cheadle at night. Weaver had this huge pick-up truck that he used to drive halfway up the pedestrian area in Wilmslow. I know someone who sold a new build to Fitzroy Simpson, but never met him.

Met Brian Horton in a Curry House late one night. It may have been a Chinese actually, was a good night and can't quite remember. He's a top bloke though. There was some scum player in Panacea last time I was in there, Wio I think, and a boxer someone said but not sure who. Stayed well clear but half the place cooed over them like flies round...

Best was that pre-season friendly a few seasons back where Ali B was playing and he came off around half time. Second half he sat with friends behind my missus. Cue a load of fat sweaty smelly men dripping their armpits into my wife's face as they reached over her to get Ali B to sign stuff. She's hardly ever been to the match since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.