where did you propose?

burning blue soul said:
some really nice stories on here, and a lot of very romantic locations. thinking back i should have waited until i was in a more fitting setting rather than an NCP car park....in Leeds :(
but the moment took me and the rest is history.

sad to read some that have gone wrong, but to me life is for sharing with a wife, or there's just no point.......that's what my wife says anyway!!!
By doing it 'when the moment took', you've done it right. I had plans to do it at a place in the Lakes I know is special to Mrs P. We got there on the Friday and I was going to do it on the Saturday but when we unpacked our things I just looked at her and thought 'fuck it, i'll do it now so we have all weekend with the news'. She loved it.

I think we were in the living room.

Me: We might as well get wed. If nothing else, it's a piss up and we'll get loads of presents.
Her: Suppose so.

Pigeonho said:
burning blue soul said:
some really nice stories on here, and a lot of very romantic locations. thinking back i should have waited until i was in a more fitting setting rather than an NCP car park....in Leeds :(
but the moment took me and the rest is history.

sad to read some that have gone wrong, but to me life is for sharing with a wife, or there's just no point.......that's what my wife says anyway!!!
By doing it 'when the moment took', you've done it right. I had plans to do it at a place in the Lakes I know is special to Mrs P. We got there on the Friday and I was going to do it on the Saturday but when we unpacked our things I just looked at her and thought 'fuck it, i'll do it now so we have all weekend with the news'. She loved it.

maybe it was the rain soaking her hair to her face, or the quirky way she asked "where's the fucking car", or the slums of chapeltown in the distance, or the smell of kebab crawling up the side of the building..............but it all felt so right!!!

in all seriousness, it was the right moment, not romantic, but right!

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Last September. I wrote it in the sand at Whitsunday islands beach.

very nice...

did you go beach beforehand and write it ?

how big was the writing ?

Markt85 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Last September. I wrote it in the sand at Whitsunday islands beach.

very nice...

did you go beach beforehand and write it ?

how big was the writing ?

No mate its an isolated island have to get a tour boat there. Bit of luck as she was sunbathing and I told her I was going for a walk. It was quite big got a picture of it

Do any of you get into the wedding planning side of things or do you leave it to the ladies ?

2sheikhs said:
I think we were in the living room.

Me: We might as well get wed. If nothing else, it's a piss up and we'll get loads of presents.
Her: Suppose so.

Not too far from my scenario, although, I think we were in the kitchen.

Pigeonho said:
bobmcfc said:
Do any of you get into the wedding planning side of things or do you leave it to the ladies ?
We've done the major bits together, venue, reception etc etc but she's kind of taken control with the little bits like invites, placement cards etc. Only a very small wedding, but fuck me aren't they costly?!

I work for a very prestigious wedding florist and venue dresser so yes I know how expensive they are. The work that goes into it though is immense so it's understandable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.